Editor’s Pick: 14 Fashion Gift Ideas (and One Conscious Checklist)
As always, Christmas or not, we’re into luxurious and long-lasting fashion that’s been mindfully made from pure and precious materials; and such are the pieces we’ve selected for you here. Turning to some of our favorite brands for inspiration, this year’s wish list is topped by things like recycled nylon tights, jewelry made from repurposed metals, and cosy sweaters in fine, high-quality wool. Santa, please!
Now, just because it’s Christmas, we can’t just throw our conscious shopping behaviours out the window. So we made a little checklist with some hopefully helpful reminders:
1. Think about it twice, or thrice: “Is this a gift they’ll truly love?” If no, don’t buy it.
2. Keep the receipt, and don’t forget to offer it. The worst thing you can do is to give someone something they’ll never use.
3. Do some research: Read up on the brand and find out about materials and care instructions; then make a conscious purchase.
4. Choose quality over quantity. We’d rather give one thing that lasts than several that won’t.
5. Ask yourself: “Could I donate some money as a gift instead (or as well)?” In our world, this should be “gift of the year”, every year.
6. When doing your Christmas shopping, consider taking the bus, train, bicycle – or simply walk to the store. By not taking the car, you’ll reduce a garment’s total environmental impact with up to 22%.
7. Even better: By choosing a second hand garment instead of a new one, you’ll reduce its total environmental impact with about 70%.
8. Bonus: Could your gift maybe even spark a conversation about sustainability? It’s a clever way to segue into the topic.
Got some more ideas? Please share!
Shop the Fashion Gifts
Make it last x Circulose Jacket
With deadstock Circulose® fabric and local production by Fugeetex, Make it last launches its first product– a timeless jacket reminding of the real luxury of fashion.
The 3 Hottest Brands at Copenhagen Fashion Week
These three brands are shortlisted for the Zalando Sustainability Award.
Amason: ”We send files, emails and animals”
With the release of the first single from their upcoming album (and a virtual release party tonight), Swedish band Amason teams up with adidas and the new, more sustainable Stan Smith. The space of which the iconic shoe enters is one where the love of nature takes center stage. Make it last talks to the band about why they always end up with the animals.
Stan Smith, Forever
Always iconic. Now more sustainable. We’re proudly partnering up with adidas to show you the next generation of sustainable takes on the storied Stan Smith silhouette.