I wish for nothing but love for Christmas. However, when I've taken a break from writing to cruise online lately, these are the things that have stuck in my mind. Actually, I want love and the last thing on the list. Take care of each other. <3
1. After visiting Last’s Christmas get together this weekend, I regret I didn’t invest in some Tubby glasses by Åsa Jungnelius. They are mouth blown and shaped in clay mould. Dipping each piece in water when the glass is still hot makes the crackle!
2. CristaSeya works with a small family-run glass factory on the island of Murano. I’m obsessed with the glassware in transparent and marbleized swirls.
3. Also spotted last weekend: Gustav Nordenskiöld’s bent hooks. I’ve never in my life wanted hooks before. This one is made in white porcelain rolled in glazeflakes and chamotte. Perfect for towels apparently…
4. Always looking for more soft light sources for my house, especially since I had a baby and I like leaving some lights on when he sleeps. This vintage one from Hopf & Wortmann called Atomium, made for Kundalini, is too gorgeous.
5. As you can read more about here, Arnsdorf lets you know where their items are from, who made them (all women) and at what cost. These cream silk duponi trousers are looking crisp!
6. I’ve found myself looking for the perfect vintage pearl earrings since Céline did those baroque ones a season or two ago. It’s very far from my everyday style though, so perhaps I’ll give them to my bestie instead 🙂
7. Dagmar has made a sustainable capsule collection that has caught my eye. Especially this Oruru sweater, made of wool from free-range llamas in Bolivia.
8. This one I really do want. The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation works for sustainable peace, respect for human rights and democracy in conflict-affected countries. End violence against women, now.
Letar du efter färg med ambitiöst miljötänk att måla om ditt hem med?
Vi har förälskat oss i svenska Färgbygge.
Emma Olbers on Sustainability In the Furniture Design Industry — Is There Any?
Giving fashion a break to investigate sustainability in the booming business of furniture design. Expert help needed.
When All You Want to Do Is Hide Under a Pihl Strehl Throw
Winter is dragging on, and all we can think of is cuddling up inside under a cozy (and mindfully made) blanket. Enter interior design brand Pihl Strehl.
A Rookie’s Guide to Plant Incenses
What are the all-natural herb and wood incenses all about? We're finding out!