Make it last will:
- Pay attention to inspirational projects, people and products within the fashion and beauty industries that are in some way more sustainable.
- Throw a light on various types of sustainability initiatives: from the choice of materials and production conditions, to recycling, customization and reuse.
- Make the field of sustainable/ethical fashion and beauty more accessible and easier to approach – everyone can get involved in their own way, and every little helps.
- Put sustainable fashion and beauty on the agenda in an inclusive way – without compromising the level of style and fashionability.
- Create a credible and meaningful dialogue between industry/brand and reader/ consumer: sustainable business is smart business and provides an opportunity to create more value.
We are convinced:
- 01That it is possible to keep fashion standards highs and to care about sustainable fashion at the same time.
- 02That various kinds of sustainability initiatives all contribute to improving the fashion landscape.
- 03Making things less bad is better than doing nothing.
- 04An audience that cares about fashion also cares about the environment: it is in everyone’s interest to find a better balance.
Who we are
Emma Elwin is a stylist who has spent the last four years working as a fashion editor at ELLE and as a freelance consultant (she has regular assignments for Lindex, Kappahl and JC). Her blog is one of Sweden’s most popular fashion blogs – read by knowledgeable working women – and during the past few years Emma has increasingly put an emphasis on issues surrounding ecology and sustainability. She advocates taking the long-term impacts of style and shopping into consideration.
Lisa Corneliusson is the former editor-in-chief of Rodeo, and was previously a fashion journalist for daily newspaper Dagens Nyheter and public service broadcaster SVT. After five years in the same role, she sought new challenges and a new way to reawaken her interests in fashion and beauty using a new and urgent perspective. She now works for both Rodeo and Make it last.
What we strive towards:
Make it last will contribute to a more sustainable fashion industry, where ‘fashion-consciousness’ does not just equate style awareness but also informed, conscious decisions and an increased accountability for environmental, social and financial choices.Make it last wants to raise the status of the sustainability debate in relation to the fashion and beauty industries and contribute to a greener fashion landscape by creating relevant communication channels between producers and consumers.
How we will get there:
Make it last strives towards making sustainability issues more urgent and inspirational for a broad target audience with an interest in fashion. We want to lower the bar to encourage people to be brave and gain the strength to become involved, and to throw light on various ways to think about sustainability: the goal is for the entire fashion cycle to be sustainable, but its various parts are also important – sustainable fashion can for example include choosing organic cotton or items made out of recycled materials, but it could also cover buying timeless fashion, and renting or swapping clothes instead of buying just-produced items.
The role we want to play:
Make it last wants to be the bridge between the various sustainability initiatives that exist in the fashion industry, and the readers that want to find a better balance between their environmental and fashion interests. We want to create a credible dialogue; guide the reader to an increased awareness of the impact of their decisions by communicating brands’ sustainability initiatives through popular, modern and relevant channels that actually reach the audience.We are inquisitive and know that there is always more to learn. We are humble in the sustainability debate and surround ourselves with various experts so that we can learn alongside our readers. We believe that everyone can become engaged in their own way, and are open to all opinions!
Get in touch
Jacob Rimmerfeldt, key account manager, 0734 23 45 70, firstname.lastname@example.org
Al-Wadood Suberu, creative sales, 0734 47 25 72, email@example.com
Makeitlast.se (referred to below as “the Website”) does not sell your personal information, email address or any other identifiable information to third parties.
Any paid collaborations or sponsorships are disclosed within the respective editorial.
You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Website. The Website is not responsible for the content of linked sites.
Our business partner:
Make it last launches with Modern Women Media as its business partner. Modern Women Media takes care of the commercial part of the website: advertising and collaborations. Make it last is launched as a stablemate of rodeo.net and some of the contributors that you know from Rodeo will also be seen on Make it last.
Our contact details:
General enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Corneliusson, founder and editor-in-chief, 0736 52 77 87, email@example.com
Emma Elwin, founder and fashion director, 0739 57 22 33, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Gustavsson, key account manager, 0730 26 86 77, email@example.com