Editor’s Pick: 14 Fashion Gift Ideas (and One Conscious Checklist)
As always, Christmas or not, we’re into luxurious and long-lasting fashion that’s been mindfully made from pure and precious materials; and such are the pieces we’ve selected for you here. Turning to some of our favorite brands for inspiration, this year’s wish list is topped by things like recycled nylon tights, jewelry made from repurposed metals, and cosy sweaters in fine, high-quality wool. Santa, please!
Now, just because it’s Christmas, we can’t just throw our conscious shopping behaviours out the window. So we made a little checklist with some hopefully helpful reminders:
1. Think about it twice, or thrice: “Is this a gift they’ll truly love?” If no, don’t buy it.
2. Keep the receipt, and don’t forget to offer it. The worst thing you can do is to give someone something they’ll never use.
3. Do some research: Read up on the brand and find out about materials and care instructions; then make a conscious purchase.
4. Choose quality over quantity. We’d rather give one thing that lasts than several that won’t.
5. Ask yourself: “Could I donate some money as a gift instead (or as well)?” In our world, this should be “gift of the year”, every year.
6. When doing your Christmas shopping, consider taking the bus, train, bicycle – or simply walk to the store. By not taking the car, you’ll reduce a garment’s total environmental impact with up to 22%.
7. Even better: By choosing a second hand garment instead of a new one, you’ll reduce its total environmental impact with about 70%.
8. Bonus: Could your gift maybe even spark a conversation about sustainability? It’s a clever way to segue into the topic.
Got some more ideas? Please share!
Shop the Fashion Gifts
Rave Review Reveals Details On Their Upcoming Show In Copenhagen
Josephine Bergqvist, co-founding designer of Swedish remake label Rave Review, shares info (and exclusive imagery) on the new collection and show.
Conscious Collab: By Malene Birger x Net-a-Porter
Danish fashion brand By Malene Birger and British luxury e-tailer Net-a-porter just launched a sustainable capsule collection together!
Brand to watch: Good News
Two fashion veterans based in London decided to start a sneaker brand inspired by 70s vibes and bold colors.
Make It Mainstream: Recycled Jewelry
Big and small brands have started to take notice: Making jewelry from recycled precious metals is a win for all.