A conscious gift can be many different things. We especially love the ones that do good for both people and planet, and isn’t that what this holiday is all about anyway – doing good? Make it last co-founder Emma Elwin shares some truly great gifts to give or wish for.
“My favorite gift the past few years is to donate to a charity in the name of loved ones, and this year I am donating to WWF. When it comes to physical gifts I try to only buy things that are either second hand finds, or made with recycled or organic materials. The following gifts are therefore recycled, timeless, organic, second hand or homemade.”
1. If there is one thing that is hard to buy second hand, it’s cutting boards. I wish for a high-quality one like this.
Cutting board, Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co./The Line.
2. Make your own skin oil to give away. My favorite to make is almond oil with a sprig of rosemary.
Body Oil, Homemade.
3. Right now, I’m trying to cover my walls with female artists to level up my daily intake of girl power.
Poster, Helene Egeland/Artilleriet.
4. If I would wish for something for myself, it would be “old Céline” jewelry from Vestiaire Collective.
Céline Earrings, Second Hand/Vestiaire Collective.
5.These cleaning products are eco-friendly, refillable, and you don’t have to hide them away in the cleaning cupboard.
All Clean Start Kit, Pure Effect/Lapland Ecostore.
6. This lamp is made from reclaimed driftwood. I might try to make a similar one from the driftwood we brought home from France.
Driftwood Lamp, Nauticum Shop.
7. I love this website with great pre-owned furniture. There’s so many great gifts, like this chair by Arne Jacobsen.
Chair by Arne Jacobsen, Auktionstipset.
8. Let’s try to minimize our plastic purchases this Christmas. These speakers from Transparent Sound are made from wood or ceramic.
Speakers, Transparent Sound.
9. If you’d like to give a physical gift that also do good, most charities sell bracelets. By purchasing the 4 Ocean Bracelet, you will remove one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
4 Ocean Bracelet, MustCare.
New Podcast and In-Season Veggies with Plant-Based Chef Therese Elgquist
When the brilliant mind behind Plant Based by Thess releases a podcast on sustainability, we'll obviously have some questions.
Editor's Letter: A Tribute To the Emmas and Gretas
"Emma relates to the planet, and to existence–things larger than our own lives–more hands-on than I will ever do."
Get to Know Iris Hantverk – A Local Business With a Global Buzz
With their hand made brushes, Iris Hantverk proves that a hundred year tradition translates perfectly to a contemporary interior context.
Wondered What a Tekla Beach Towel Would Look Like? This Is It!
Take the conscious lifestyle to the beach with Tekla’s new organic and recycled beach towels.