A conscious gift can be many different things. We especially love the ones that do good for both people and planet, and isn’t that what this holiday is all about anyway – doing good? Make it last co-founder Emma Elwin shares some truly great gifts to give or wish for.
“My favorite gift the past few years is to donate to a charity in the name of loved ones, and this year I am donating to WWF. When it comes to physical gifts I try to only buy things that are either second hand finds, or made with recycled or organic materials. The following gifts are therefore recycled, timeless, organic, second hand or homemade.”
1. If there is one thing that is hard to buy second hand, it’s cutting boards. I wish for a high-quality one like this.
Cutting board, Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co./The Line.
2. Make your own skin oil to give away. My favorite to make is almond oil with a sprig of rosemary.
Body Oil, Homemade.
3. Right now, I’m trying to cover my walls with female artists to level up my daily intake of girl power.
Poster, Helene Egeland/Artilleriet.
4. If I would wish for something for myself, it would be “old Céline” jewelry from Vestiaire Collective.
Céline Earrings, Second Hand/Vestiaire Collective.
5.These cleaning products are eco-friendly, refillable, and you don’t have to hide them away in the cleaning cupboard.
All Clean Start Kit, Pure Effect/Lapland Ecostore.
6. This lamp is made from reclaimed driftwood. I might try to make a similar one from the driftwood we brought home from France.
Driftwood Lamp, Nauticum Shop.
7. I love this website with great pre-owned furniture. There’s so many great gifts, like this chair by Arne Jacobsen.
Chair by Arne Jacobsen, Auktionstipset.
8. Let’s try to minimize our plastic purchases this Christmas. These speakers from Transparent Sound are made from wood or ceramic.
Speakers, Transparent Sound.
9. If you’d like to give a physical gift that also do good, most charities sell bracelets. By purchasing the 4 Ocean Bracelet, you will remove one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
4 Ocean Bracelet, MustCare.
Apis Cera Sheds Light Upon Beeswax
Apis Cera founder Charles van Valkenburg shares his bright approach to candlemaking.
Get Into the Holiday Spirit With Arket’s Spiced Warm Apple Must Recipe
We wouldn’t mind finding Arket's vegetarian cookbook under the tree. Here's a little tease from the new recipe collection.
Lisa Corneliusson Shars Her 6 Best Gifts for Christmas
Make it last co-founder Lisa Corneliusson lists some truly great conscious gifts to give away or wish for.
Artist Caroline Walls on Art, Female Form and Femininity
We talk to artist Caroline Walls, known for portraying the female form abstractly and beautifully in her minimalist paintings and drawings.