9 Natural Mascaras for a Clean and Green Beauty Routine
No matter if you’re going for Kim’s dramatic eyelashes or something much more subtle, a good mascara is a must in your makeup bag. Obviously, you want one that is made with only the best natural and organic ingredients, so we’ve picked out 9 great options to choose from.
Above: Kimono, AVAVAV.
Emma claims to have already found the perfect natural mascara: Conditioning Volume 3D Mascara from LashFood, which is said to make frail and brittle lashes thicker and longer on a cellular level. That sounds pretty fantastic, but now listen to this: the innovative brand has also created the world’s first natural and organic certified eyelash enhancing serum. Say whaat? The magic ingredient is called Phyto-Medic Complex – a unique blend of herbal extracts that will strengthen and nourish the lashes in a natural way – and people who have tried it shares proof of its effectiveness. So, if opting for that Kardashian-esque eye mane, without having to use fake lashes, this might be something for you. But hey, people with more modest aspires might like a little lash-boost too – just go less heavy on the mascara.
5 Mascara Hacks to Make it Last
1. Wash and clean the wand from dried-in mascara and clumps now and then so it will keep performing the way it’s supposed to.
2. Clean the wand when the mascara is out and save it to use as an applicator or just to separate the lashes and remove clumps.
3. Have you tried using your mascara as an eyeliner? This might be a clever tip if you want to limit the number of products in your kit. Just use a liner brush to apply. Another great trick is of coarse to wiggle the wand close to your lid to create a more subtle eyeliner effect.
4. If your mascara has started to clump: Secure the cap tightly and let the tube sit in a glass of hot water for a while. This will thin and de-clump the formula so you can use it for a while longer.
5. Don’t pump the mascara wand up and down in the tube. This will cause air to get in, which will make the formula dry up much faster. Instead, twirl it as you pull it upwards to get the product evenly on.
Shop the Mascaras
10 Facial Oils to Keep Your Glow Going Through Winter
Read this if: you want a nourished and radiant complexion from October all the way to Mars, and beyond.
Hooked On the Dry Shampoo? Upgrade to One of These
The turn has come to explore the dry shampoos on the natural beauty market, and we think we’ve found some pretty good ones.
How To Handle Cosmetic Waste – Check Out Our Guide!
Hopefully this guide will be as useful to you as it is for us!
Emma Elwin Tries Skin Treat's New Face Care Range
Our co-founder Emma Elwin tries on the new face range from Skin Treat, with plant-derived sources and potent organic ingredients.