Fashion Creative Darja Barannik Sends Love from Florida
For quite some time now, we've been following Russian-Norwegian blogger, creative consultant and stylist Darja Barannik closely on social media for style inspiration and amazing travel pics. We asked the chic scandi to send us a postcard from her annual summer escape to Siesta Key, Florida.
Where did you go, who did you travel with, and for how long did you stay?
– Florida, and Siesta Key to be more specific. They are known for their beautiful beach with the whitest, sugar-fine sand along the Gulf of Mexico. I traveled with my boyfriend and his family. We stayed for two weeks and it was, like always, wonderful!
Where did you stay?
– My in-laws have a house there, so we stayed with them.
What were your favorite restaurants and things to order?
– I just love the Siesta Key village. It’s so laid back and you can wear your flip flops to all of the restaurants. I go to Skob for oysters, chicken wings and great salads, The Hub for Mexican, The Cottage for tuna tacos, and Flavio’s for Italian pizza. That said, we love to make dinners at home, and often prefer that after a long day at the beach or being out with the boat.
How did you spend your time?
– I like to have a lot of time off when I’m on vacation, so I prefer to not have too much on the agenda. We normally start the day with a tennis session, yoga on the beach or a morning run. Then we hang out by the pool, cruising with the boat, go to the beach or paddleboard out to one of the finest sandbars on earth.
– You can also go on arranged fishing trips from Sarasota with a professional team, where you can catch and release sharks and so on – a fun experience. Or you can just rent a regular boat or jet ski and cruise around; you are almost guaranteed to see some dolphins. You should also go to The Ringling museum – it’s so beautiful.
What did you wear?
– Anything lights and oversized. The humidity in Florida is one of a kind…
What has been your favorite beauty products on this trip?
– My skin care products are mainly from Elixir; Niactil 4% and Niactil Cleanser are my favorites. Then I use sun protection from Dior and Elixir. All the Dior Backstage products are my favorites, and I have used them all summer. A lip balm, eyebrow gel and hairbrush is always in my bag.
What did you read/watch/listen to?
– ‘Factfulness’ by Hans Rosling and ‘The Sleep Revolution’ by Arianna Huffington.
What memory will you bring with you from this vacation?
– Just the early, quiet mornings – a perk of being jet lagged – and being able to do nothing hour after hour.
Would you go back? And if so, would you do anything differently?
– I think this was our seventh year at Siesta Key. We are just living the most comfortable and easy life down there – sleeping, working out, drinking wine and eating good food. That’s it!
Letar du efter färg med ambitiöst miljötänk att måla om ditt hem med?
Vi har förälskat oss i svenska Färgbygge.
Emma Olbers on Sustainability In the Furniture Design Industry — Is There Any?
Giving fashion a break to investigate sustainability in the booming business of furniture design. Expert help needed.
When All You Want to Do Is Hide Under a Pihl Strehl Throw
Winter is dragging on, and all we can think of is cuddling up inside under a cozy (and mindfully made) blanket. Enter interior design brand Pihl Strehl.
A Rookie’s Guide to Plant Incenses
What are the all-natural herb and wood incenses all about? We're finding out!