PR Director Camilla Åstrand Sends Love from Mykonos
Stockholm-based PR pro and podcast host Camilla Åstrand traded the city heat for a romantic getaway to Mykonos with her boyfriend. Wanting to know all about the glamorous island life, we asked her to send us a postcard.
Where did you go, who did you travel with, and for how long did you stay?
– I went to Mykonos, Greece, with my boyfriend for six days. It was a gift from me for his birthday – he’s impossible to buy gifts for so I always try to give him a short trip. This was also an ideal time as it was the last week I’m aloud to fly before giving birth, so it was a perfect way of having some fun, grown-up time before the baby arrives.
How did you get there?
– We went straight from Stockholm to Mykonos with SAS – I’m such a fan of SAS and always tro to book with them. I actually check where they fly and choose destination after seeing where they fly, especially now when pregnant my Eurobonus card is amazing; I basically never have to wait in line.
Where did you stay?
– We stayed at a boutique hotel called Cavo Tagoo, which I choose for the grown-up vibe and closeness to the city. It was a party-vibe hotel, but still great food – we had the best sushi we’ve ever had there. But next time I would stay closer to the ocean, now we had to take the car to go for a swim.
What were your favorite restaurants, and what are the things to order?
– Spilia beach restaurant was amazing – the setting just next by the ocean is unbelievable and the food delicious; I would go for the Mykonian salad. But the best part is the crowd – so many beautiful people to look at. I also loved Nammos Beach Club’s lunch restaurant. The service was warm and welcoming and the food great – this is the place to order seafood. For sushi, our hotel Cavo Tagoo is a must!
How did you spend your time?
– We rented a Smart car and drove to different beach clubs every day to experience something new and to get a grip of our favorites. The last day we just went to our favorite places all over again.
What did you wear?
– Most of the time an Eres bikini, Hermès slippers and a white cotton tunic I bought at a market in Istanbul, or just a light white cotton shirt from Daisy Grace. And loads of jewelry – Mykonos is not the place to be shy with gold!
What have been your favorite beauty products on this trip?
– I used Exuviance ‘Sheer Daily Protector SPF 50’ every day, to protect my face from getting dark spots. It’s so good – you never burn. I’m also obsessed with keeping my hair hydrated, so every night after washing off the salt I used Moroccan oil – both the hair masque and the oil. I can’t live without it.
What did you read/watch/listen to?
– I read two Jo Nesbø books. I love Scandinavian crime, but enjoy it even more when being far away from the crime scene, otherwise I get too scared!
What memory will you bring with you from this trip?
– Dancing by the pool while watching the sunset at our hotel the last night of the trip. I felt so alive and relaxed in the Mykonos vibe. No one even reflected on my baby bump – the staff just gave me yet another mocktail and a smile.
Would you go back? And if so, would you do anything differently?
– I would, but I would save up even more! It’s the most expensive holiday destination I’ve ever visited, to enjoy it you need to have had a very good year…
Editor’s Pick: 12 Holiday Gifts for the Wellness Obsessed
Looking for a well-doing holiday gift? Browse our selection of mindfully made presents!
Cappelen Dimyr – A New Contemporary Rug Brand
This weekend the first drop from the new rug brand Cappelen Dimyr will be released, offering a line of unique and hand crafted rugs.
Hyundai Offers Smart Solutions for Modern Mobility
Make it last co-founders Emma and Lisa spent a day test driving the new Hyundai IONIQ electric and learning what it takes to make electric cars the future standard.
She’s the Creative Force Behind Poppykalas
Copenhagen Fashion Week was outshined by her brilliant work: meet floral artist Thilde Maria Haukohl Kristensen.