My Summer: Photographer Pauline Suzor Has One Plan, and It’s a Good One
Before heading down south to spend some well earned downtime at her family’s summer house, we asked talented photographer Pauline Suzor to let us in on her favorite reads, beauty hacks and soundtrack of this summer.
Give us an update – how are you and what’s going on in your life right now?
– Life is all good! I’ve just signed out for some vacation, and am enjoying every single moment of it.
What are your plans for this summer?
– To be in Mölle [south of Sweden] and nowhere else. Summer there is magical beyond words. I take it day by day. Enjoying the beautiful nature and surroundings. Picking out local ingredients and cooking. Just spending time with family and friends. And my dogs. I might do some photo projects while I’m there as well; we’ll see.
Tell us about one of your best vacation memories!
– When I was very young, my family and I used to go with my step-grandfather’s boat over to Gilleleje from Mölle. We spent the nights there, and just had the most beautiful times. I can almost still hear the music playing from the little radio on the boat when I think about it. We fished for crabs in the harbor and played cards. The water was so still that you could hardly tell the sky apart from the sea.
Can you share some of your favorite summer reads?
– “The Emperor of Portugallia” by Selma Lagerlöf. This was my grandmother’s favorite book, and I guess I love it since it’s like a little piece of her. The story is so special. You travel back in time. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking.
How would you describe your vacation style?
– Very casual and comfortable. A white T-shirt and a pair of vintage 501 Levi’s jeans.
Do you have a favorite summer spot?
– Anywhere by the ocean.
What is your summer beauty routine and fave products?
– I drink lots of water, eat well, swim in the sea, and twice a week I use the Philosophy “Purity Made Simple” clay mask.
What will be your soundtrack for this summer?
– “Baby” by Gal Costa. [Click here to listen!]
Spirit and Solace at The Coven’s Table
Beatriz Botaya Figueras of The Coven’s Table on finding magic with food through ritual and plant based potions.
Sleeping Well With Arles Studio
Arles Studio offers simple pleasures in bed and by the sea with hand dyed fabrics inspired by the Mediterranean.
Valentine's Romance Made Sexy and Sustainable
We’ve gathered up some helpful tips on how to turn lovemaking into a more eco-friendly, healthy and sustainable act.
Editor’s Pick: 14 Things to Replace the Plastic Products In Your Kitchen
Begin your plastic detox by investing in high-quality kitchenware that is not only better for the environment, but a million times more beautiful.