My Summer: Photographer Pauline Suzor Has One Plan, and It’s a Good One
Before heading down south to spend some well earned downtime at her family’s summer house, we asked talented photographer Pauline Suzor to let us in on her favorite reads, beauty hacks and soundtrack of this summer.
Give us an update – how are you and what’s going on in your life right now?
– Life is all good! I’ve just signed out for some vacation, and am enjoying every single moment of it.
What are your plans for this summer?
– To be in Mölle [south of Sweden] and nowhere else. Summer there is magical beyond words. I take it day by day. Enjoying the beautiful nature and surroundings. Picking out local ingredients and cooking. Just spending time with family and friends. And my dogs. I might do some photo projects while I’m there as well; we’ll see.
Tell us about one of your best vacation memories!
– When I was very young, my family and I used to go with my step-grandfather’s boat over to Gilleleje from Mölle. We spent the nights there, and just had the most beautiful times. I can almost still hear the music playing from the little radio on the boat when I think about it. We fished for crabs in the harbor and played cards. The water was so still that you could hardly tell the sky apart from the sea.
Can you share some of your favorite summer reads?
– “The Emperor of Portugallia” by Selma Lagerlöf. This was my grandmother’s favorite book, and I guess I love it since it’s like a little piece of her. The story is so special. You travel back in time. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking.
How would you describe your vacation style?
– Very casual and comfortable. A white T-shirt and a pair of vintage 501 Levi’s jeans.
Do you have a favorite summer spot?
– Anywhere by the ocean.
What is your summer beauty routine and fave products?
– I drink lots of water, eat well, swim in the sea, and twice a week I use the Philosophy “Purity Made Simple” clay mask.
What will be your soundtrack for this summer?
– “Baby” by Gal Costa. [Click here to listen!]
Learning Scandinavian Minimalism From Interior Designer Elisabeth Heier
Norwegian interior designer Elisabeth Heier is one of our biggest inspirations when it comes to timeless and long-lasting style.
New Podcast and In-Season Veggies with Plant-Based Chef Therese Elgquist
When the brilliant mind behind Plant Based by Thess releases a podcast on sustainability, we'll obviously have some questions.
Editor's Letter: A Tribute To the Emmas and Gretas
"Emma relates to the planet, and to existence–things larger than our own lives–more hands-on than I will ever do."
Get to Know Iris Hantverk – A Local Business With a Global Buzz
With their hand made brushes, Iris Hantverk proves that a hundred year tradition translates perfectly to a contemporary interior context.