Creative Director Celine Aagaard Sends Love from Spain
Oslo-based style inspirator Celine Aagaard is the founder and creative director of soon-to-launch fashion brand Envelope1976. Wanting to know all about her stylish travels through Italy and Spain, we asked her to send us a postcard from the road.
Where did you go, who did you go there with and for how long did you stay?
– This holiday started in Italy with my boyfriend. We drove two hours from Rome, to Porto Santo Stefano and had two fantastic days at Hotel Torre di Cala Piccola – a boutique hotel we discovered the day before we arrived. We’re always late with bookings, but it’s part of the game.
– Then our Tuscany journey continued with a beautiful wedding at a country hotel in Montemerano for two nights, before we took an early plane from Pisa to Girona, Spain. We then drove to Cadaqués, an old fisherman’s village and former home to Salvador Dalí – one of my favorite places – where I’ve spent two weeks with our son, family and friends.
Where did you stay?
– First at Hotel Torre di Cala Piccola – a hidden, authentic boutique hotel on top of the cliffs. I wish I would have come in the ‘70s, but it’s still really nice, and we will return. It’s a perfect view from the rooms and the infinity pool, and a perfect bay to hang out at all day and swim in the clear, green ocean. Next time we will bring friends and kids.
– Relais Ciavatta – Country Hotel Terme di Saturnia was a perfect spot for a couple, family or for anyone who wants to get married in Tuscany in the province of Grosseto.
– In Cadaqués, we had a tiny room with a view at Playa Sol. Family-friendly and nice, close to the cliffs, and a 30 minute walk to the House of Salvador Dalí in Port Lligat. I went there the first time when I was 1 year old, and the ‘70s vibe is still there, in combination with a more modern Spanish one.
What were your favorite restaurants in Cadaqués, and what are the things to order?
How did you spend your time?
– By the cliffs. I’m not a huge fan of sandy beaches, but I love to swim, so we always search for hidden spots with cliffs and local beach bars under the olive trees. We have also been to different galleries, and always stop by the House of Salvador Dalí. Keywords being: Sup. Swim. Sun. Skate. Sangria. Family. Tapas. Art.
What did you wear?
– The heatwave makes it easy: A swimsuit on the beach with my go-to sarong wrapped around me for lunch and a pair of sandals. For dinner i styled it with a pair of vintage earrings and heels, but I prefer flats or being barefoot all day long. My key items are almost the same every year: my old jumpsuits, sarongs, dresses, sandals, a jute bag for the beach and my The Row ‘Market Bag’ for the afternoon.
What has been your favorite beauty products on this trip?
– I like the natural look for summer. A good serum and highlighter is a must, and a good bronzer. Elizabeth Arden ‘FourEver Bronze Deep 02 Powder’ and ‘High Drama Eyeliner’ in Espresso. Chanel ‘Les 4 Ombres’. Guerlain ‘So Volume Mascara’. Dr. Schrammek ‘Performance Serum’ and super soft ‘Cleanser’ and ‘Blemish Balm Honey’ for sensitive skin. To project the skin from the sun, my new favorite is La Prairie ‘Sun Cellular Swiss’ factor 50. For after sun, my forever-favorite is the ‘Aloe Vera Gel’ from Forever.
What did you read/watch/listen to?
– I have been working from the beach, and read articles and magazines. This fall, I’m launching a new clothing line, Envelope1976, so the focus has been on this and working on the upcoming collection.
– I have been listening to Gundelach, a Norwegian artist that you have to check out. Lykke Li’s latest album is also on our playlist.
Would you go back? And if so, would you do anything differently?
– Yes! I always come back to Cadaqués since it’s kind of a second home to me and my family, but I do want to discover more of Italy.
Meet Kanishtha Dhankhar – Model and Advocate for Sustainability and Human Rights in India
We had the pleasure of working with and talking to Indian model Kanishtha Dhankhar as she was visiting Stockholm a couple weeks back – a true source of inspiration.
Ebbio – a Nourishing Italian Getaway
Get your hands dirty in the name of earthly riches at Tuscan farm Ebbio.
Layered Founder Malin Glemme on Recycled Carpet Collection ‘Fallingwater’
Swedish interior design company Layered has chosen a material made from recycled PET bottles for their latest rug launch. Get all the details here.
Tamsin Clark of Tenderbooks Makes Shelves Come to Life
An independent bookshop editors love – London-based Tamsin Clark on curating the shop shelves of Tenderbooks.