My Summer: Stylist Mikaela Hållén Shares Her Agenda for the Weeks to Come
Before leaving the office for a few weeks of fun in the sun, we asked our friend and colleague, stylist Mikaela Hållén, to share her upcoming plans, favorite spots, best reads and soundtrack for this summer. Oh, and how she gets that amazing glow on.
Give us an update – how are you and what’s going on in your life right now?
– I’m happy. It’s Friday, I slept in this morning and it’s a blue sky outside. Now I’m off to work, but only have 10 days left before VACATION. Excited!
What are your plans for this summer?
– I have NO plans at all. I don’t know if I should be stressed over this or not. But since Swedish summer keeps on blessing us with sun and 25 degrees [°C], I might just stay in town and spend time with my family and friends, take late night swims, watch documentaries and eat ice cream. Total relaxation. [Update. She just bought a ticket to Palma – jealous!]
Tell us about one of your best summer vacation memories!
– I can’t pick one, but last year in Cinque Terre [Italy] was magic. I recommend it to everyone. The five small coastal villages felt like part of a saga.
Can you share some of your favorite summer reads?
– I’m not much of a reader really, but I’ve decided to start reading more books this summer. ‘White Teeth’ by Zadie Smith is what I’m reading right now and when finished, I’ll continue by reading ‘Rich Boy’ by Caroline Ringskog Ferrada-Noli.
Do you have a favorite summer/vacation spot?
– The Swedish archipelago is my safe space. I can’t get enough of the smell of algae, haha. It reminds me of all the summers of sailing with my family or staying at our old summer house. I’m obsessed with the ocean, and love to dive into it.
What is your summer beauty routine and fave products?
– My all-time favorite product is a vitamin C serum from Björk & Berries, which neutralize free radicals created in skin after sun damage – it’s a perfect combo with a SPF. I’m also a big fan of oils. I use an argan oil from Moroccanoil in my face, Maria Nila’s hair oil and Natusan’s baby oil for my body when taking a shower, for maximized glow.
What will be your soundtrack for this summer?
– During summer, Swedish music is everything. Right now I’m listening to Cherrie’s latest album. [Click here to play!]
Current Crush: Artist and Near-Death Survivor Yngvild Saeter
Yngvild Saeter is an artist we admire. We had the opportunity of shooting her and her work this fall, and she's been on our minds ever since.
Postcard Teas on Small Tea
Talking with Postcard Teas, the first tea company to put the makers’ name and location on all 60 of their teas.
Editor’s Pick: Coffee or Tea?
Have you given any thought to how you make your coffee and tea? Here are some things to consider.
Make it last Playlist: Listener's Block
Just like writers get writer's block, music connoisseur Sian Rowe recently experienced a listener's block. This is what came after.