My Summer: Stylist Mikaela Hållén Shares Her Agenda for the Weeks to Come
Before leaving the office for a few weeks of fun in the sun, we asked our friend and colleague, stylist Mikaela Hållén, to share her upcoming plans, favorite spots, best reads and soundtrack for this summer. Oh, and how she gets that amazing glow on.
Give us an update – how are you and what’s going on in your life right now?
– I’m happy. It’s Friday, I slept in this morning and it’s a blue sky outside. Now I’m off to work, but only have 10 days left before VACATION. Excited!
What are your plans for this summer?
– I have NO plans at all. I don’t know if I should be stressed over this or not. But since Swedish summer keeps on blessing us with sun and 25 degrees [°C], I might just stay in town and spend time with my family and friends, take late night swims, watch documentaries and eat ice cream. Total relaxation. [Update. She just bought a ticket to Palma – jealous!]
Tell us about one of your best summer vacation memories!
– I can’t pick one, but last year in Cinque Terre [Italy] was magic. I recommend it to everyone. The five small coastal villages felt like part of a saga.
Can you share some of your favorite summer reads?
– I’m not much of a reader really, but I’ve decided to start reading more books this summer. ‘White Teeth’ by Zadie Smith is what I’m reading right now and when finished, I’ll continue by reading ‘Rich Boy’ by Caroline Ringskog Ferrada-Noli.
Do you have a favorite summer/vacation spot?
– The Swedish archipelago is my safe space. I can’t get enough of the smell of algae, haha. It reminds me of all the summers of sailing with my family or staying at our old summer house. I’m obsessed with the ocean, and love to dive into it.
What is your summer beauty routine and fave products?
– My all-time favorite product is a vitamin C serum from Björk & Berries, which neutralize free radicals created in skin after sun damage – it’s a perfect combo with a SPF. I’m also a big fan of oils. I use an argan oil from Moroccanoil in my face, Maria Nila’s hair oil and Natusan’s baby oil for my body when taking a shower, for maximized glow.
What will be your soundtrack for this summer?
– During summer, Swedish music is everything. Right now I’m listening to Cherrie’s latest album. [Click here to play!]
Porteous’ Studio – the Perfect Scottish Bolthole
Tucked away in the shadow of Edinburgh castle is a bright retreat for two. We talk to the duo behind Porteous’ Studio.
Fingers Crossed This Turmeric and Ginger Super Shot Will Cure All Colds
We've had it with the colds! So we called in expert help in the form of Therese Elgquist, who's kindly shared the recipe for her mother's super shot.
Sustainable Bedding Perfected by New Swedish Brand Read the Label
Read the Label just launched their first collection of minimalist bed linen made from organic and Fairtrade certified cotton, and it looks amazing.
The Quod Founders on Their Newly Launched Organic Scented Candles
We’ve definitely had to realize the importance of choosing candles well and with consideration. That's why Quod is right up our alley.