German Creative Lena Lademann Has the Face, Taste and Wardrobe to Envy
Hamburg-based creative Lena Lademann is the influencer to follow right now (how can we not have realized it before?). Her carefully curated blog and Instagram feed beats most when it comes to quality of imagery—and style. How we envy that face, taste and wardrobe. You will too.
What occupies your mind right now?
– A lot, but mainly adult decision making.
Would you like to take us through a great/typical day at work?
– I love to be home and do creative design or layout work for my clients; to have time to properly be creative and work on quality, which is sometimes hard as I travel a lot. But my basic work day would start with coffee and breakfast, and then doing my emails, cooperation negotiations and design work. Of course, now and then I have to shoot pictures as well, if I’m not on a trip.
What’s your shopping philosophy, and how do you organize your wardrobe?
– I like to buy quality rather than quantity, and I always try to keep my wardrobe clean and organized.
What are your main inspirations when it comes to art and design right now?
– I mainly follow photographers on Instagram, and they inspire me the most.
If going to Hamburg for a weekend, what should we do?
– Come in summer, which is basically a one-day window each year, and go to the Elbe Beach. It’s right in the city, but you get the feeling of being away on a short holiday. There’s a nice beach house there where you can enjoy coffee, cake or beer.
Would you like to share your beauty routine with us? (We’re super curious!)
– Haha, I have actually never done a lot when it comes to beauty, especially since I never wear actual makeup on my skin, and love to be totally natural. But if I do, I only use concealer, mascara and rouge, and the most important thing is to always remove the makeup in the end of the day—no matter how late or early it gets—and to always buy qualitative and rich creams to keep the skin perfectly moisturized.
Lucky! Are there any natural or organic beauty products you swear by?
– The brands I absolutely love are Shiseido, Nuxe and Charlotte Tilbury.
What is your relationship to second hand fashion, and where do you get it?
– I love to buy second hand, especially when it comes to luxury products such as bags or shoes. I mainly buy at Rebelle.com—they have a great range of brands and products!
What are the Instagram accounts everyone should follow right now?
– Just kidding. You def have to follow @dariocatellani @alexandersaladrigas and @maggijmaurer.
What are your plans for this summer?
– I have a friend’s wedding in Spain to attend and a birthday week for one of my best friends on Ibiza.
Lisa's Green Dreams are Made by Maryam Nassir Zadeh
Apparently, Swedes are dreamers, longing for warmer weather and prettier outfits. Make it last co-founder Lisa Corneliusson is no different.
Editor’s Pick: 9 Luxe Bedroom Essentials Combining Style and Sustainability
We're picked out some of the most beautiful bedding and nightwear right now, all mindfully made from natural and organic materials.
Swedish Stockings Push Innovation Further With New, Fully Recycled Products
The new ‘Innovations by Swedish Stockings’ line includes the first nylon tights made from 100% recycled components. We've got all the details!
Brand to Watch: Kalaurie
Our latest fashion crush is Kalaurie – an ethical label run single-handedly by Melbourne-based designer Kalaurie Karl-Crooks.