Sophia Roe Inspires Both Great Style and Kindness
Thanks to the Danish influencer squad, including Sophia Roe, the minimalist Scandi look still has a global audience. Sharing her luxe life of fashion and travels with 115 thousand Instagram followers, she inspires both great style and kindness (see bio quote).
Sophia talks to us about her dreamy job—one that a million girls would kill for (forget about Vogue!)—and shares some thoughts on inspiration (and lack thereof), second hand fashion and beauty. Oh, and she also reveals some of her favorite Copenhagen hotspots—all amazing and most probably Instagram-friendly too.
What are your days like right now?
– I’m currently on vacation, spending time with my family. I travel a lot, especially during the fashion weeks, so being here right now is such precious time for me.
Part of your job is posting outfit pics. Is this always fun or are there days when you feel uninspired? What do you do to get your inspiration back?
– I will definitely say that I feel uninspired from time to time, but I never feel a pressure to post. The goal is to post whenever I feel inspired, or if I have good content to share. I think this is a good rule to have for yourself as an influencer.
– I always look at my “saved posts” archive when I’m feeling uninspired. Over the last couple of years, it has become so easy to get inspiration from others via social media.
You recently did a styling job for ELLE Denmark. Is “stylist” a new role for you?
– What I enjoy most about my job is how an opportunity like this can suddenly occur, and I’m very grateful for that. I have always enjoyed being creative, not least visually. Styling is such a treat for me, and I hope to do a lot more of it in the future.
What is your relationship to second hand fashion?
– Second hand is in my opinion a great way to limit the waste in the fashion industry, which is good for both the environment and, of course, the wallet. My job requires that I change my wardrobe all the time, and I therefore also have to sell things just as often. I love to know that someone else will be just as happy wearing my old clothes as I first was. I’m a big fan of shopping and selling at Vestiaire Collective.
“Life is all about attitude, and being nice is a great way to start”
Your Instagram bio says “be nice to people”. So true. What does this mean to you?
– Being nice to other people doesn’t just feel good, it also means that you can contribute to making other people’s days better. That is, in my opinion, very valuable. I sometimes see that users on Instagram aren’t very nice to each other, and believe a lot of people could learn from this very simple sentence. Life is all about attitude, and being nice is a great way to start.
What are your best tips for traveling in style (and comfort—if that’s possible)?
– For flights, I always bring a pair of clean socks, moisturizer or mist and a toothbrush in my hand luggage. It makes me feel refreshed after a dehydrating flight!
Are you planning any new trips right now?
– My boyfriend is working part-time in Amsterdam, so we don’t see eachother much during weekdays. He invited me to come with him in May, so that’s a trip I look forward to a lot. I also have a couple exciting events in April, which I unfortunately can’t tell you about yet. But stay tuned!
If we where going to Copenhagen for a weekend, what should we do?
– The Louisiana Museum is always worth a visit—they promote and display a lot of great artists at the moment. I would book a table for dinner at Restaurant Pluto, or even try making a reservation at Michelin restaurant Kadeau, followed by drinks and dancing at Dandy. I would also visit Mother in our meatpacking district for pizza, and eat breakfast at Atelier September followed by a walk in the Botanic Garden or by the canals.
Bonus question: Who are the top 3 Instagrammers to follow right now?
– @suzannekoller, @lifeofboheme and @majawyh.
Editor’s Pick: Time to Update That Underwear Drawer?
Spring clean your collection of intimates and replace the wornouts with mindfully made socks, bras and panties.
Thanks For the Inspiration, Mari Giudicelli
Getting your whites out this weekend? Here's some inspiration for you!
Is Wearing Lab-Grown Diamonds the Sustainable Way to Sparkle?
Jewelry brands are making the switch to lab-grown diamonds and marketing them as the new sustainable gem. Are they?
Brand to Watch: Carcel
Carcel's prison made collection empowers incarcerated women in Peru and Thailand, giving them a chance for a better future.