I wish for nothing but love for Christmas. However, when I've taken a break from writing to cruise online lately, these are the things that have stuck in my mind. Actually, I want love and the last thing on the list. Take care of each other. <3
1. After visiting Last’s Christmas get together this weekend, I regret I didn’t invest in some Tubby glasses by Åsa Jungnelius. They are mouth blown and shaped in clay mould. Dipping each piece in water when the glass is still hot makes the crackle!
2. CristaSeya works with a small family-run glass factory on the island of Murano. I’m obsessed with the glassware in transparent and marbleized swirls.
3. Also spotted last weekend: Gustav Nordenskiöld’s bent hooks. I’ve never in my life wanted hooks before. This one is made in white porcelain rolled in glazeflakes and chamotte. Perfect for towels apparently…
4. Always looking for more soft light sources for my house, especially since I had a baby and I like leaving some lights on when he sleeps. This vintage one from Hopf & Wortmann called Atomium, made for Kundalini, is too gorgeous.
5. As you can read more about here, Arnsdorf lets you know where their items are from, who made them (all women) and at what cost. These cream silk duponi trousers are looking crisp!
6. I’ve found myself looking for the perfect vintage pearl earrings since Céline did those baroque ones a season or two ago. It’s very far from my everyday style though, so perhaps I’ll give them to my bestie instead 🙂
7. Dagmar has made a sustainable capsule collection that has caught my eye. Especially this Oruru sweater, made of wool from free-range llamas in Bolivia.
8. This one I really do want. The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation works for sustainable peace, respect for human rights and democracy in conflict-affected countries. End violence against women, now.
Art-o-Rama By the Sea – the International Art Fair in the South of France Settles Into a New Home
Sans titre (2016) are awarded the Roger Pailhas Prize for best booth at international art fair ART-O-RAMA By the Sea.
Make it last Playlist: Still Learning
Autumn's "fresh start" also means a reset in soundtrack. Sian Rowe shares a September playlist of songs released in the last couple of weeks.
Going Off the Grid to Experience Food and Nature at Stedsans in the Woods
When going to Stedsans in the Woods, you leave fancy clothes and harmful toxins at home to fully experience the sustainable lifestyle of the future.
Never Thought We’d Feel Excitement Over a Terry Bathrobe, But Here We Are
With the risk of over-hyping everything coming out of Copenhagen at the moment, we just can’t resist giving Charlie Hedin of Tekla Fabrics a shout out.