Meet Eleni Asmelash Who Models in Our Latest Edit
A couple of weeks ago, photographer Pauline Suzor and stylist Mikaela Hållén captured Eleni Asmelash in a new Edit, wearing a selection of vintage designer trousers. So, we already know she looks amazing, but who is she? Read and find out!
The first question is a big one: Who are you?
– I’m 22, Ethiopian, born and raised by my beautiful parents in the south of Sweden. I’m currently a student and love learning—it keeps both life and me interesting. Still not sure about what I want to do in life, but I’ll find out sooner or later.
How was your shoot for Make it last?
– I had so much fun! I was a bit nervous but excited, since it was actually my first real shoot.
How would you describe your style?
– My style is confident. I believe that style is not about what you wear, but about how you wear it and own it, so it enhances your own look and personality.
What’s your shopping philosophy?
– I’m not going to lie; I’m a sucker for shopping. But lately I’ve gone by the rule to only buy something if it goes with at least five other things in my closet.
How do you define sustainable fashion?
– I think it’s a combination of things. Quality over quantity contributes to sustainable fashion, for one. However, most importantly, sustainable fashion is about environmental awareness and consciousness, and having social aspects in mind when producing clothes.
What’s your relationship to second hand and vintage fashion?
– I love it! It brings more individuality to your style, and it isn’t likely that you’ll spot anyone wearing the same thing as you are.
In what ways are you trying to make greener choices in your everyday life?
– When it comes to fashion, I try to buy less and better things, and be content with what I’ve already got. Trust me, it’s hard, but at least I’m trying.
Do you have a signature beauty look, and how do you create it?
– I always focus on my eyes when I do my makeup, and usually add a natural shadow to highlight my eye color.
Do you have a favorite natural or organic beauty product?
– I have a few, but my all-time favorites are Shea butter and coconut oil.
What’s your recipe for a healthy, happy life?
– To be free; I couldn’t live my life in any other way. Freedom to me is when you take control of your own wellbeing. Do what you love, and most importantly: love yourself!
Check out our edit with Eleni: The Edits: Vintage Trousers
Current Obsession: Jeweler Sofia Eriksson’s Stainless Steel Exam Project
For her master's exam project, Stockholm-based jeweler and crafts student Sofia Eriksson created a small collection of stainless steel jewelry. We got all the details.
My Laura Lombardi Hoops
Laura Lombardi makes the perfect hoops and sees her work as an exercise in sustainability.
Elin Larsson's Quick Recap of the Most Important Fashion Sustainability Event of the Year
Elin Larsson, Sustainability Director at Filippa K, visited Copenhagen last week to discuss sustainability in fashion with top stakeholders from all over the world. Here, she shares her most important insights.
Brand to Watch: TOME
When talking about ethical fashion brand TOME, words like ‘diversity’ and ‘inclusiveness’ are likely to come up.