Meet Eleni Asmelash Who Models in Our Latest Edit
A couple of weeks ago, photographer Pauline Suzor and stylist Mikaela Hållén captured Eleni Asmelash in a new Edit, wearing a selection of vintage designer trousers. So, we already know she looks amazing, but who is she? Read and find out!
The first question is a big one: Who are you?
– I’m 22, Ethiopian, born and raised by my beautiful parents in the south of Sweden. I’m currently a student and love learning—it keeps both life and me interesting. Still not sure about what I want to do in life, but I’ll find out sooner or later.
How was your shoot for Make it last?
– I had so much fun! I was a bit nervous but excited, since it was actually my first real shoot.
How would you describe your style?
– My style is confident. I believe that style is not about what you wear, but about how you wear it and own it, so it enhances your own look and personality.
What’s your shopping philosophy?
– I’m not going to lie; I’m a sucker for shopping. But lately I’ve gone by the rule to only buy something if it goes with at least five other things in my closet.
How do you define sustainable fashion?
– I think it’s a combination of things. Quality over quantity contributes to sustainable fashion, for one. However, most importantly, sustainable fashion is about environmental awareness and consciousness, and having social aspects in mind when producing clothes.
What’s your relationship to second hand and vintage fashion?
– I love it! It brings more individuality to your style, and it isn’t likely that you’ll spot anyone wearing the same thing as you are.
In what ways are you trying to make greener choices in your everyday life?
– When it comes to fashion, I try to buy less and better things, and be content with what I’ve already got. Trust me, it’s hard, but at least I’m trying.
Do you have a signature beauty look, and how do you create it?
– I always focus on my eyes when I do my makeup, and usually add a natural shadow to highlight my eye color.
Do you have a favorite natural or organic beauty product?
– I have a few, but my all-time favorites are Shea butter and coconut oil.
What’s your recipe for a healthy, happy life?
– To be free; I couldn’t live my life in any other way. Freedom to me is when you take control of your own wellbeing. Do what you love, and most importantly: love yourself!
Check out our edit with Eleni: The Edits: Vintage Trousers
Ecoalf Boycotts Black Friday to Promote Recycling and Repairs
Ecoalf takes a stand against Black Friday by launching a campaign that promotes circular economy.
The Edit: Statement-Making Jewelry for the Conscious Wearer
Stylist Meja Taserud teamed up with photographer Kira Blaker to artfully capture our favorite bling du jour.
Brand to Watch: Edun
Edun's collections are ethically and sustainably made in close collaboration with artisans, manufacturers and community-based initiatives in Africa.
How I Invest For The Future
Emma thinks she has finally managed to figure out 'the art of building a wardrobe that lasts over time'. Here are some of her best tips.