Paulina Liffner von Sydow: “I try to buy fewer things that I’ll want to wear for a longer period of time”
We’ve asked some of our favorite people to answer 10 questions about things that are close to our hearts, like sustainable fashion, food and beauty.
This time we picked the brain of Paulina Liffner von Sydow, founding designer of award winning bag brand Little Liffner!
What’s your relationship to fashion?
– Fashion to me is fun, and a way to enhance my everyday life. I love to—in a subtle way—dress for the occasion, mixing and altering my style depending on my mood and where I am in the world.
Do you have any favorite eco-friendly, ethical or sustainable fashion brands?
– I mostly buy eco-friendly clothes for my daughter, but not for myself. Instead I try to buy fewer things that I’ll want to wear for a longer period of time. I’ve got quite a few garments that have been on rotation in my wardrobe for the past 10 years.
In what ways are you trying to make greener choices in your everyday life?
– I try to be thorough when I sort and recycle our waste, I transport myself by foot or bike, and I support WWF.
What was your latest “aha moment” when it comes to sustainability?
– If you say no to one shopping bag everyday, that makes over 350 plastic bags saved per year and person. I often make a point out of this when I’m at the cashier, and ask the shop assistant to tell other people to do the same.
What relationship do you have to vintage fashion and furniture?
– Most of the furniture in our home is vintage, and I make the occasional fashion find at Vestiaire Collective and Ebay.
What’s your food-philosophy?
– Someone smart once said: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants”, and I’ve made that my motto.
What are your biggest worries when it comes to the environment?
– Our general overconsumption.
How do you take care of the contents of your wardrobe?
– Unfortunately, there is a lot of room for improvement here.
Do you have a favorite natural or organic beauty product?
– Natural Argan Oil, I use it for everything.
What’s your recipe for a healthy, happy life?
– Never let yourself go for any longer periods of time, neither mentally nor physically. Take a few moments to reflect, and do a little exercise everyday—something is better than nothing.
A Hobbit's Luck
A shrunken sweater can be one woman's trash and another's treasure.
Editor's Letter By Lisa: A Drop In The Ocean
With Earth Day coming up, Lisa updates her knowledge on plastic policies in different parts of the world.
Stylist Mikaela Hållen's Top Picks From The H&M Conscious Exclusive Collection
Curious about the collection hitting stores today? Here are our contributing editor Mikaela Hållén's top picks.
The Look Known by Many Names
Here's the look to go for if you want to build a sustainable and long-lasting wardrobe.