Paulina Liffner von Sydow: “I try to buy fewer things that I’ll want to wear for a longer period of time”
We’ve asked some of our favorite people to answer 10 questions about things that are close to our hearts, like sustainable fashion, food and beauty.
This time we picked the brain of Paulina Liffner von Sydow, founding designer of award winning bag brand Little Liffner!
What’s your relationship to fashion?
– Fashion to me is fun, and a way to enhance my everyday life. I love to—in a subtle way—dress for the occasion, mixing and altering my style depending on my mood and where I am in the world.
Do you have any favorite eco-friendly, ethical or sustainable fashion brands?
– I mostly buy eco-friendly clothes for my daughter, but not for myself. Instead I try to buy fewer things that I’ll want to wear for a longer period of time. I’ve got quite a few garments that have been on rotation in my wardrobe for the past 10 years.
In what ways are you trying to make greener choices in your everyday life?
– I try to be thorough when I sort and recycle our waste, I transport myself by foot or bike, and I support WWF.
What was your latest “aha moment” when it comes to sustainability?
– If you say no to one shopping bag everyday, that makes over 350 plastic bags saved per year and person. I often make a point out of this when I’m at the cashier, and ask the shop assistant to tell other people to do the same.
What relationship do you have to vintage fashion and furniture?
– Most of the furniture in our home is vintage, and I make the occasional fashion find at Vestiaire Collective and Ebay.
What’s your food-philosophy?
– Someone smart once said: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants”, and I’ve made that my motto.
What are your biggest worries when it comes to the environment?
– Our general overconsumption.
How do you take care of the contents of your wardrobe?
– Unfortunately, there is a lot of room for improvement here.
Do you have a favorite natural or organic beauty product?
– Natural Argan Oil, I use it for everything.
What’s your recipe for a healthy, happy life?
– Never let yourself go for any longer periods of time, neither mentally nor physically. Take a few moments to reflect, and do a little exercise everyday—something is better than nothing.
Buy Less, Wear More with It's ReLeased
Rent your one night only-outfit and challenge the supposed need of mass production.
Butterflies and Dogs in Mini Rodini's New Upcycling Collection
The Swedish clothing brand for kids launches another collection made from scraps from previous seasons.
The Edit: This Magic Moment
The future belongs to the next generation; playful, innovative and full of hope. This Edit – a collaboration between sisters Bea and Linn Hansson – pays homage to youth, with shining star Ifrah Qasim.
Filippa K Co-Creates Sweater Made From 100% Swedish Wool That Probably Would Have Been Discarded
Filippa K is launching an exclusive sweater made from 100% Swedish wool. Made in a limited run of 140 pieces, each is tagged with a unique number.