Your hair and skin is often a good indicator of the state your entire body and mind. Lifestyle blogger Ellinor Löfgren realized this when stress actually made her loose her hair.
When it comes to beauty, you often hear things like: “How you feel on the inside reflects on your outside”, “always get your beauty sleep” and “drink a lot of water”, but somehow we tend to forget, a lot. As with so many other things in life, something usually needs to “happen” for us to change the way we live and start taking care of ourselves.
21-year-old lifestyle blogger and business developer Ellinor Löfgren always had thick and healthy hair, but due to stress she one day realized she had developed a behavior that caused her hair to break and fall off. You can read all about it on her blog. Her temporary solution to this problem is to use extensions to make it look thick and healthy again, but the most important thing she’s done for her hair is… Can you guess? Read on to find out!
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– My hair is always frizzy, I’ve got cowlicks that make my baby hair curl and my bangs are very thick. My hair also turns greasy very quickly—it can only be a matter of hours—so dry shampoo is one thing you’ll always find at my place. However, that doesn’t really do anything for the shine…
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– Whatever state I’m in, that’s the state my hair is in too. We have a mother-daughter relationship, really, that isn’t a very healthy one. When a mom raises her voice or is feeling stressed it makes her daughter anxious too. That’s exactly how my hair works.
– All the stress I’ve put my hair under has made a lot of it fall off—definitely a lot more than what’s normal when you’re 21. I’ve tried to repair our damaged relationship with the help of numerous quick-fix treatments, but there really isn’t anything that works other then stressing less, eating well and drinking a lot of water. Skipping dinner events has really been what’s saved my hair from falling off.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I wash my hair every other day (don’t be mad at me!) and use one kind of shampoo for my scalp and another for my ends, this because the shampoo that’s suppose to stop my hair from becoming greasy unfortunately dries out my ends. I definitely know I over-consume conditioner, but rarely use hair masks. After showering, I first apply a heat protecting, anti-frizz cream that lets me shape my hair any way I want, and then I blow-dry it from underneath to get that perfect volume.
What’s the best thing you’ve ever done for your hair?
– That would probably be saying no to both friends and work. Stressing less has made my hair a lot happier.
Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge: The Editors’ Diary – Day 4
Today's challenge is Get Zen – relax with a hair mask! Lisa is failing terribly.
Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge: The Editors’ Diary – Day 3
Today's challenge is Go heat free – save your hair from damage and conserve energy. Here’s how Emma and Lisa interpret the challenge.
Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge: The Editors’ Diary – Day 2
Day two of Make it last founders Lisa and Emma's Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge is all about saving water.
Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge: The Editors' Diary – Day 1
Make it last founders Lisa and Emma embark on their Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge today. Join them!