Aziza Azim is a fashion consultant and contributing editor to our sister site Space Matters. She is also one of the most loving souls in this world, believing every breath is the first and that we're all bits and pieces of each other. She is devoted to a life close to nature and counts her blessings every night before sleep. She also puts healthy living above things like fashion, and is always seeking to do things in balance with nature.
Her carefree relationship to style is a huge source of inspiration–as is her never-brushed hair. We asked her about her best beauty hack and the natural products she cannot live without.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair? How has it evolved over time?
– Growing up I had straight hair, but I remember dreaming of beach waves and after teenage years I got my dream hair! Power of thought!
What’s the best thing you’ve even done to your hair?
– The best thing I’ve done to it, is nothing. I’ve never died it, permed it, or done any of those chemical treatments.
What natural beauty product do you swear by?
– Coconut oil masks are wonderful during the winter time.
What’s your favorite beauty hack?
– If you want beach waves try beer on your hair, it will give you all the volume you need. I did that for a wedding (I do not like my hair done at hair dressers, hair dressers are only for fresh cuts). Wash your hair as you normally would, while in the shower, pour half a bottle of beer onto your hair massaging and lifting your roots, tie your hair in a bun and leave it for about 30 minutes. Damp it with a towel facing down and whip it! Trust me, you will not smell like beer. See beer has yeast and yeast gives volume au natural.
What’s your beauty philosophy?
– First and foremost our nature made sure the ocean does its magic. Swimming in the sea is a cure for your body. I live by the quote that “The cure for anything is salt water, tears, sweat or the sea”.
Follow Aziza here.
Skin Treat – 100% Vegan Beauty
Skin Treat offers a highly effective series of vegan body care made with potent organic ingredients from plant-based sources.
Lusting For Pure and Minimalist Bath Essentials by Mater Soap
Mater makes all-natural, plant-based and organic bar soaps and body care by hand out of their Brooklyn studio, and we want some.
What’s the Activated Charcoal Hype About? We’re Finding Out
They may call it ‘black gold’ all they like – it's still a bit hard to believe that activated charcoal will actually do you good. We try to solve the mystery.
Organic Beauty Brand Under Your Skin Promises a ‘Revolution In a Bottle’
What you put on your skin will enter your body – new beauty brand Under Your Skin is here to remind us.