Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet fashion blogger and podcaster Josefin Dahlberg.
What defines you?
– My belief that anything is possible. I believe in my ability to achieve anything I want in life, and in the possibility to create my own reality. This goes for everything, whether it’s work, training or travels.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Not in my everyday life. But to visit the archipelago where I grew up is important to me, and I do it from time to time. Sometimes, I just need to go there to breath. I love the city life, but can still dream of having a house by the ocean.
How do you define “raw”?
– Completely natural and genuine.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– To me, it’s when something’s perfect in its original form—you can’t change or improve it.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Quite a bit actually, especially when it comes to what I eat. When grocery shopping, I always try to buy as much organic stuff as possible. This feels very natural to me, and is something I do for both the environment and myself.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– When it comes to clothes, I think you should work with what you’ve already got. Give your clothes a remake, or simply wear them in a different way. Find pieces that you love and wear them as often as you can!
What’s your food philosophy?
– I don’t eat meat or chicken. Instead, I try to eat as much greens as I can. I do treat myself to things like candy or pizza quite often, but prefer food that is loaded with good energy. That makes me happy.
What’s good health to you?
– Eating good, healthy food and exercising. Taking care of my body is an important part of my everyday life and it really makes me happy.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– Candy! And I have it quite often.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– My hair is pretty thick and easy to style, which makes it perfect for short haircuts.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair means a lot to me. I think I found my perfect hairstyle only two years ago when I cut it short and bleached it blonde. I’ve always experimented a lot with cuts and colors, but this time I really felt at home. Now, all I need to do is trim it and bleach the roots every now and then.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I wash it almost every day even though I know that’s way too often. But that’s only because I feel like I have to wash it after my sweaty workouts.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I’ve tried! But I always give up after four days or so, just because I don’t like the unwashed feel, haha.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– Actually, I had never been to a hair salon before I was a teenager. My mum simply couldn’t afford it, and always cut my sisters and me at home with the kitchen scissors. So the first time I got to go to the hairdresser, I was really scared that if I asked her to cut too much, it would cost more.
– When I got home, my mum asked me why I didn’t get a proper haircut. She said it was totally unnecessary to pay for “a trim”, since she could easily have done that herself. So, feeling guilty, I went into the bathroom and cut my own hair. Obviously, that didn’t turn out so well…
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I wish I could stop washing my hair so often—it simply takes too much time! But I guess if I just knew how to take care of it properly, that would be totally possible.
9 Plus Tips For a Heat Free Hair Care Routine
When opting for natural and healthy hair, going heat free is no doubt the best and most sustainable choice.
Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge: The Editors’ Diary – Day 7
The last day of Lisa and Emma's Biolage #LiveRaw 7 Day Challenge is all about cleaning out old products.
The Best Thing I've Done for My Hair: Nhu Duong
Can you guess the designer's beauty essential?
Michaela Forni Broke Out of a Bad Hair-Washing Behavior
Here’s how lifestyle blogger and writer Michaela Forni got her beautiful hair back on a healthier track.