Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet fashion blogger and podcaster Josefin Dahlberg.
What defines you?
– My belief that anything is possible. I believe in my ability to achieve anything I want in life, and in the possibility to create my own reality. This goes for everything, whether it’s work, training or travels.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Not in my everyday life. But to visit the archipelago where I grew up is important to me, and I do it from time to time. Sometimes, I just need to go there to breath. I love the city life, but can still dream of having a house by the ocean.
How do you define “raw”?
– Completely natural and genuine.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– To me, it’s when something’s perfect in its original form—you can’t change or improve it.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Quite a bit actually, especially when it comes to what I eat. When grocery shopping, I always try to buy as much organic stuff as possible. This feels very natural to me, and is something I do for both the environment and myself.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– When it comes to clothes, I think you should work with what you’ve already got. Give your clothes a remake, or simply wear them in a different way. Find pieces that you love and wear them as often as you can!
What’s your food philosophy?
– I don’t eat meat or chicken. Instead, I try to eat as much greens as I can. I do treat myself to things like candy or pizza quite often, but prefer food that is loaded with good energy. That makes me happy.
What’s good health to you?
– Eating good, healthy food and exercising. Taking care of my body is an important part of my everyday life and it really makes me happy.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– Candy! And I have it quite often.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– My hair is pretty thick and easy to style, which makes it perfect for short haircuts.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair means a lot to me. I think I found my perfect hairstyle only two years ago when I cut it short and bleached it blonde. I’ve always experimented a lot with cuts and colors, but this time I really felt at home. Now, all I need to do is trim it and bleach the roots every now and then.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I wash it almost every day even though I know that’s way too often. But that’s only because I feel like I have to wash it after my sweaty workouts.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I’ve tried! But I always give up after four days or so, just because I don’t like the unwashed feel, haha.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– Actually, I had never been to a hair salon before I was a teenager. My mum simply couldn’t afford it, and always cut my sisters and me at home with the kitchen scissors. So the first time I got to go to the hairdresser, I was really scared that if I asked her to cut too much, it would cost more.
– When I got home, my mum asked me why I didn’t get a proper haircut. She said it was totally unnecessary to pay for “a trim”, since she could easily have done that herself. So, feeling guilty, I went into the bathroom and cut my own hair. Obviously, that didn’t turn out so well…
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I wish I could stop washing my hair so often—it simply takes too much time! But I guess if I just knew how to take care of it properly, that would be totally possible.
We Talk Sustainable Beauty With the Eponymous Founder of Skin Care Brand Maria Åkerberg
We asked the eponymous founder of organic and all-natural beauty line MARIA ÅKERBERG for a mid-summer chat.
Talking Herbal Body Care With Kari Jansen of Poppy and Someday
We talk to California-based herbalist and Ayurvedic practitioner Kari Jansen about her line of organic and all-natural body care.
Opt for a Toxic-Free Summer Manicure With Nail Polish from Kure Bazaar
French brand Kure Bazaar has changed the way we think of nail polish forever.
Beauty Truths From London-Based Facialist Alexandra Soveral
Non-surgical facelift specialist Alexandra Soveral reminds us how to thoughtfully care for our skin.