Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet club manager and model Caroline Mac.
What defines you?
– Cats, cars and cinnamon buns.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Yes and no. I live a five minute walk from a park and a five minute drive from a farm, but my lifestyle doesn’t really let me be “one with nature”, the way I’d like to.
How do you define “raw”?
– As basic, naked and “in the nature”.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– No weirdness. Cause if something’s weird I should probably rethink it, but if it’s raw it’s as natural as can be.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Not as much as I would like to. I live with my partner and we both want a greener life. But we’re on different levels regarding how and in what time we should get there which is forcing us meet in the middle.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– Eat less meat and dare yourself to try new food and flavors—it’s fun and important at the same time. Making these choices will have a positive effect on your life as well as our joint future.
What’s your food philosophy?
– Don’t ban yourself to eating certain things—explore instead.
What’s good health to you?
– When my energy levels are high and I sleep well at night. Bingo!
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– I don’t have one. I eat whatever I like, which is only a pleasure.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– Long, black and strong. It’s not a good listener but rather does whatever it feels like.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair is my fur—it covers and warms me. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I can handle it.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I shampoo it once or twice a week. I don’t use products that often and try to avoid it as much as I can.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I haven’t really detoxed it intentionally, but I try not to wash it too often.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– When I was 18 I visited my parent’s home country, Vietnam. At that time I had shaved of a third of my hair, and on a dinner at a restaurant the waitress asked how I was doing, and if it still hurt after my head surgery.
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I hope I’ll learn more about how to treat my hair with natural ingredients and oils, and that I’ll put more time towards taking care of it.
How do you #LiveRAW?
Did you know that your hair can be the start of a more sustainable lifestyle? Join the movement!
Sustainable checklist: 15 ways to #LiveRAW
There are many little things you can do to #LiveRAW. Check out our sustainable checklist!
Biolage R.A.W. at Café Nizza
Make it last hosted a lunch to celebrate the launch of Biolage R.A.W. on Friday. See the images here!
Biolage R.A.W. x Natalie Yonan
Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet raw food chef and recipe developer Natalie Yonan.