Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet club manager and model Caroline Mac.
What defines you?
– Cats, cars and cinnamon buns.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Yes and no. I live a five minute walk from a park and a five minute drive from a farm, but my lifestyle doesn’t really let me be “one with nature”, the way I’d like to.
How do you define “raw”?
– As basic, naked and “in the nature”.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– No weirdness. Cause if something’s weird I should probably rethink it, but if it’s raw it’s as natural as can be.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Not as much as I would like to. I live with my partner and we both want a greener life. But we’re on different levels regarding how and in what time we should get there which is forcing us meet in the middle.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– Eat less meat and dare yourself to try new food and flavors—it’s fun and important at the same time. Making these choices will have a positive effect on your life as well as our joint future.
What’s your food philosophy?
– Don’t ban yourself to eating certain things—explore instead.
What’s good health to you?
– When my energy levels are high and I sleep well at night. Bingo!
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– I don’t have one. I eat whatever I like, which is only a pleasure.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– Long, black and strong. It’s not a good listener but rather does whatever it feels like.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair is my fur—it covers and warms me. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I can handle it.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I shampoo it once or twice a week. I don’t use products that often and try to avoid it as much as I can.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I haven’t really detoxed it intentionally, but I try not to wash it too often.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– When I was 18 I visited my parent’s home country, Vietnam. At that time I had shaved of a third of my hair, and on a dinner at a restaurant the waitress asked how I was doing, and if it still hurt after my head surgery.
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I hope I’ll learn more about how to treat my hair with natural ingredients and oils, and that I’ll put more time towards taking care of it.
Get To Know Tautanz – A Conscious Brand for the Eco Bathroom
In the market for a little bathroom eco-upgrade? Check out the linen robes and handcrafted soaps from Tautanz.
Henné Organics Founder Laura Xiao Gives a Lip Care Crash Course
We bet we’re not the only ones suffering from dry and cracked lips this time of year, which is why we've brought in some expert help.
After a Year of Testing: These Are My Three Best SKIN TREAT Products
Emma is often asked to share her best Christmas gift ideas. Here's a safe one.
Rahua Co-Founder Anna Ayers On the Brand’s Do-Good Hero Ingredient (and More)
If you’re curious about the rahua oil, a champion of the Amazon rainforest, or just want some advice on hair care, this should be your weekend read!