Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet club manager and model Caroline Mac.
What defines you?
– Cats, cars and cinnamon buns.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Yes and no. I live a five minute walk from a park and a five minute drive from a farm, but my lifestyle doesn’t really let me be “one with nature”, the way I’d like to.
How do you define “raw”?
– As basic, naked and “in the nature”.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– No weirdness. Cause if something’s weird I should probably rethink it, but if it’s raw it’s as natural as can be.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Not as much as I would like to. I live with my partner and we both want a greener life. But we’re on different levels regarding how and in what time we should get there which is forcing us meet in the middle.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– Eat less meat and dare yourself to try new food and flavors—it’s fun and important at the same time. Making these choices will have a positive effect on your life as well as our joint future.
What’s your food philosophy?
– Don’t ban yourself to eating certain things—explore instead.
What’s good health to you?
– When my energy levels are high and I sleep well at night. Bingo!
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– I don’t have one. I eat whatever I like, which is only a pleasure.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– Long, black and strong. It’s not a good listener but rather does whatever it feels like.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair is my fur—it covers and warms me. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I can handle it.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I shampoo it once or twice a week. I don’t use products that often and try to avoid it as much as I can.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I haven’t really detoxed it intentionally, but I try not to wash it too often.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– When I was 18 I visited my parent’s home country, Vietnam. At that time I had shaved of a third of my hair, and on a dinner at a restaurant the waitress asked how I was doing, and if it still hurt after my head surgery.
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I hope I’ll learn more about how to treat my hair with natural ingredients and oils, and that I’ll put more time towards taking care of it.
Growing Wildly Beautiful With Plant-Based Brand ROWSE
We catch up with Nuria Val of ROWSE ahead of launching her new range of plant-based oils.
Easy Solutions for a Zero-Plastic Bath and Beauty Routine
There are lots of things you can do to make your bath and beauty regime a more eco-friendly one. By ditching the plastics you’re on to a really good start.
Urtekram’s Democratic Product Line Makes Organic Beauty Available for All
Danish Urtekram offers highly affordable skin and hair care products made with natural and organic ingredients.
Perfume House Agonist Invites All Stockholmers to Celebrate Their 10 Year Anniversary
As part of their 10 year anniversary, Agonist launches new scent 'Say Yes' and visits Stockholm for a pop up at Auktionsverket on October 4-7.