Natural-origin haircare line Biolage R.A.W. invites inspirational women to share their thoughts about living R.A.W. Meet club manager and model Caroline Mac.
What defines you?
– Cats, cars and cinnamon buns.
Would you say you live close to nature?
– Yes and no. I live a five minute walk from a park and a five minute drive from a farm, but my lifestyle doesn’t really let me be “one with nature”, the way I’d like to.
How do you define “raw”?
– As basic, naked and “in the nature”.
What does “raw” mean to you?
– No weirdness. Cause if something’s weird I should probably rethink it, but if it’s raw it’s as natural as can be.
How much effort do you put into making greener choices in your everyday life?
– Not as much as I would like to. I live with my partner and we both want a greener life. But we’re on different levels regarding how and in what time we should get there which is forcing us meet in the middle.
What’s your best sustainability tip?
– Eat less meat and dare yourself to try new food and flavors—it’s fun and important at the same time. Making these choices will have a positive effect on your life as well as our joint future.
What’s your food philosophy?
– Don’t ban yourself to eating certain things—explore instead.
What’s good health to you?
– When my energy levels are high and I sleep well at night. Bingo!
What’s your guilty pleasure?
– I don’t have one. I eat whatever I like, which is only a pleasure.
What’s your hair type and how does it behave?
– Long, black and strong. It’s not a good listener but rather does whatever it feels like.
How would you describe your relationship to your hair?
– My hair is my fur—it covers and warms me. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I can handle it.
Tell us about your hair routine!
– I shampoo it once or twice a week. I don’t use products that often and try to avoid it as much as I can.
Have you ever detoxed your hair?
– I haven’t really detoxed it intentionally, but I try not to wash it too often.
Are there any hair-related experiences that stand out in your memory?
– When I was 18 I visited my parent’s home country, Vietnam. At that time I had shaved of a third of my hair, and on a dinner at a restaurant the waitress asked how I was doing, and if it still hurt after my head surgery.
How do you hope your hair and beauty routine will develop over time?
– I hope I’ll learn more about how to treat my hair with natural ingredients and oils, and that I’ll put more time towards taking care of it.
Alexander Wang Just Brought Back the Claw Clip and We Don’t Mind
Sometimes, the idea of being sustainable and on-trend might not be so far-fetched.
9 Hand Washes That Combine the Best of Looks and Content
Apothecary-looking bottles in combination with a natural and organic ingredient list are the essential components of a perfect hand wash.
The Beauty Edit: Skin Boosts and Blings
Boost your skin with some natural and organic moisturizers, and bling it up to add a bit of extra sparkle.
Scent and Memory
When Emma got this new scented candle, it was instant love!