Suzie Winsor aka The Good Natured, shows us how to make a pretty festive wreath
We recently interviewed The Good Natured, aka florist and illustrator Suzie Winsor, here she shares a fun Christmas craft project, a pretty wreath to hang on your wall or front door, made from garden leaves and branches.
Foraged Garden Wreath
For this wreath you will need:
- Flexible branches (I have used dogwood here but you willow would also work well)
- A mixture of foliage depending on the look you are aiming for.
- Secateurs or floristry scissors
- Wire cutters
- Florists wire
1. First create your wreath form by gently bending your branch into a circle. Secure your shape together with wire. You can cover the mechanics here by using this point as where you attach ribbon for hanging or with foliage as you start adding it to the wreath.
2. Once you’ve made your initial circle, take another of your branches and start building up the base by weaving through and around. It needs to be firm but not too tight as the next step will be to start adding your foliage through the weave.
3. This is the fun bit! Play around and start adding in your foliage and weaving it into the base. Keep adding until you’re happy with how it looks. I quite like asymmetric looking designs and building up more on one side of the wreath but it’s totally up to you. If you decide to fill the whole base with foliage – it’s a good idea to choose where you plan to hang your ribbon for hanging at before adding all your greenery.
4. Once you’re happy with how it looks – it’s ready to hang! For a completely biodegradable version just substitute the wire for string.
Is Leak-Proof Underwear Going to Revolutionize Our Periods?
Make it last editor Johanna Andersson sheds some light on the new ‘period-proof panties’ and shares the reasons why she'd consider giving them a go.
Lisa's Green Dreams are Made by Maryam Nassir Zadeh
Apparently, Swedes are dreamers, longing for warmer weather and prettier outfits. Make it last co-founder Lisa Corneliusson is no different.
Editor’s Pick: 9 Luxe Bedroom Essentials Combining Style and Sustainability
We're picked out some of the most beautiful bedding and nightwear right now, all mindfully made from natural and organic materials.
Swedish Stockings Push Innovation Further With New, Fully Recycled Products
The new ‘Innovations by Swedish Stockings’ line includes the first nylon tights made from 100% recycled components. We've got all the details!