Our study shows that almost four out of five Swedes think companies have a responsibility to talk about their products' environmental impact.
We’ve conducted a study on sustainable consumption with pr agency Juno (who, like us, try to consider sustainability in everything they do). The motivation was to be able to refer to real and updated facts when readers, clients and others ask us: but to people really care about sustainability?
The results are in and as it seems, almost everyone cares about sustainability and whether companies consider sustainability aspects of their businesses.
The study was conducted by YouGov, see more of it here.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- 79 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their products’ environmental impact. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their products’ environmental impact.
- 69 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their producers’ working climate. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their producers’ social footprints.
- 43 percent have at some occasion paid more for a product for knowing about the company’s sustainability commitments. At the ages 18-34, that number is 53 percent.
- 50 percent think producers and consumers have a joint responsibility of making sure a product is recycled.
- Only 2 percent think renting clothes is a good option to buying new.
- The longevity of the material is the most important factor when buying something new. That the product is considered “trendy” is the least important factor.
Masseria Moroseta is the Eco-Friendly Vacation Spot of Our Dreams
Masseria Moroseta sits in nature with roots planted firmly in a five-hectare olive grove just outside of Ostuni, Italy. Our only question: When do we go?
For My Summer in France
These are two of the things Emma is going to bring for her summer of surf and sun in France.
A Conversation With Geneviève Medow Jenkins, Creator of Secular Sabbath
Multifaceted creative Geneviève Medow Jenkins on the power of ambient music and tea ceremony for a special sensory experience.
Make It Last Playlist May: Big Emotions
Music does something in uncertain times to make things better. Make it last's playlist is updated.