Our study shows that almost four out of five Swedes think companies have a responsibility to talk about their products' environmental impact.
We’ve conducted a study on sustainable consumption with pr agency Juno (who, like us, try to consider sustainability in everything they do). The motivation was to be able to refer to real and updated facts when readers, clients and others ask us: but to people really care about sustainability?
The results are in and as it seems, almost everyone cares about sustainability and whether companies consider sustainability aspects of their businesses.
The study was conducted by YouGov, see more of it here.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- 79 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their products’ environmental impact. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their products’ environmental impact.
- 69 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their producers’ working climate. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their producers’ social footprints.
- 43 percent have at some occasion paid more for a product for knowing about the company’s sustainability commitments. At the ages 18-34, that number is 53 percent.
- 50 percent think producers and consumers have a joint responsibility of making sure a product is recycled.
- Only 2 percent think renting clothes is a good option to buying new.
- The longevity of the material is the most important factor when buying something new. That the product is considered “trendy” is the least important factor.
Pixie Turner: "I think food should make you happy as well as healthy"
We’ve asked some of our favorite foodies to answer 10 questions about green, clean and healthy eating!
Why and How I Started Surfing
Emma shares the story of how surfing became one of the biggest parts of her life!
One Small Person Can Do a Lot
Hanging out at the beach means being in the immediate presence of ocean plastic.
Going to Way Out West? See You at the GodEl Kiss Cam!
For this week's Way Out West festival, electricity provider GodEl is launching the #KissingIsCaring campaign in support of LGBTQ rights.