Almost everyone cares about sustainability
Our study shows that almost four out of five Swedes think companies have a responsibility to talk about their products' environmental impact.
We’ve conducted a study on sustainable consumption with pr agency Juno (who, like us, try to consider sustainability in everything they do). The motivation was to be able to refer to real and updated facts when readers, clients and others ask us: but to people really care about sustainability?
The results are in and as it seems, almost everyone cares about sustainability and whether companies consider sustainability aspects of their businesses.
The study was conducted by YouGov, see more of it here.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- 79 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their products’ environmental impact. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their products’ environmental impact.
- 69 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their producers’ working climate. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their producers’ social footprints.
- 43 percent have at some occasion paid more for a product for knowing about the company’s sustainability commitments. At the ages 18-34, that number is 53 percent.
- 50 percent think producers and consumers have a joint responsibility of making sure a product is recycled.
- Only 2 percent think renting clothes is a good option to buying new.
- The longevity of the material is the most important factor when buying something new. That the product is considered “trendy” is the least important factor.
When Did We Start Taking Nature for Granted?
Emma is traveling up north and the landscape passing by is giving her a new train of thought.
Places to go: eco-friendly hotels
With consideration and careful planning, our vacations can be still luxurious, relaxing and earth-friendly.
I find it funny how just wearing bright colors can make you feel a bit... Lighter? Happier?
New year, new hope
Looking ahead to the new year, with hope and love.