Our study shows that almost four out of five Swedes think companies have a responsibility to talk about their products' environmental impact.
We’ve conducted a study on sustainable consumption with pr agency Juno (who, like us, try to consider sustainability in everything they do). The motivation was to be able to refer to real and updated facts when readers, clients and others ask us: but to people really care about sustainability?
The results are in and as it seems, almost everyone cares about sustainability and whether companies consider sustainability aspects of their businesses.
The study was conducted by YouGov, see more of it here.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- 79 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their products’ environmental impact. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their products’ environmental impact.
- 69 percent believe that companies have a responsibility to talk about their producers’ working climate. Only 12 percent think businesses communicate enough about their producers’ social footprints.
- 43 percent have at some occasion paid more for a product for knowing about the company’s sustainability commitments. At the ages 18-34, that number is 53 percent.
- 50 percent think producers and consumers have a joint responsibility of making sure a product is recycled.
- Only 2 percent think renting clothes is a good option to buying new.
- The longevity of the material is the most important factor when buying something new. That the product is considered “trendy” is the least important factor.
Letar du efter färg med ambitiöst miljötänk att måla om ditt hem med?
Vi har förälskat oss i svenska Färgbygge.
Emma Olbers on Sustainability In the Furniture Design Industry — Is There Any?
Giving fashion a break to investigate sustainability in the booming business of furniture design. Expert help needed.
When All You Want to Do Is Hide Under a Pihl Strehl Throw
Winter is dragging on, and all we can think of is cuddling up inside under a cozy (and mindfully made) blanket. Enter interior design brand Pihl Strehl.
A Rookie’s Guide to Plant Incenses
What are the all-natural herb and wood incenses all about? We're finding out!