The stylist has a habit of customizing vintage finds – and always finish off her looks with good hats and socks.
We first came across Donya-Patrice Campbell when we stumbled upon her Instagram account, @donyapatrice. Ever since we have been taken by her impeccable, androgynous style and charisma. We are for sure not the only ones – her distinctive style is frequently spotted in famous street style blogs and in magazines such as GQ, Elle and Vogue. Born and raised in London, Donya-Patrice is at present a part-time blogger and freelance stylist with clients such as GAP, Levi’s and Elle Style Awards. This week we were lucky enough to have a word with Donya-Patrice to talk about her views on fashion, style – and how she makes it last.
Name an element that’s typical for your style?
– I love socks, I love quirky styles with colour and patterns, and I also love hats. My outfits have to be finished off with these two elements.
Have you somehow customized garments you already own?
– I’m always customizing garments I wear, I love to make the things I wear different. Whenever I buy something vintage, the clothes in these stores are normally too oversized and never fit, so I usually make the items I buy into something totally different– such as chopping and adding extra pieces. Also, I have an accessories brand which I’m working on at the moment and I’ve designed some hats.
How would your mom describe your style?
– My mum says my style is elegant, classy and stylish, haha.
Who would you like to spend one minute in an elevator with if you could choose anyone?
– It would have to be Oprah Winfrey, she is a great role model and a true inspiration.
In what way is fashion present in your life?
– I work in fashion, I’m a designer, stylist and blogger. In every way its in my life, its a part of my lifestyle – from morning to night.
FACTS ABOUT DONYA-PATRICE
Name: Donya-Patrice Campbell
Occupation: Designer, stylist, blogger
Current projects in life: www.donya-patrice.com and an accessories collection ”Dlyle Treasure” coming soon.
Motto in life: Live and have fun, life is to short.
Editor’s Pick: Voluminous Sleeves
It’s been going on for so long, we no longer consider it a trend. Enjoy this timeless selection voluminous sleeve styles.
Brand to Watch: VENCZEL
VENCZEL offers luxury bags and accessories in distinct, angular shapes made from the finest vegetable tanned bovine leather.
Josefin Liljeqvist Improves Global Animal Protection With Luxury Footwear
Luxury fashion tech brand Josefin Liljeqvist aims to improve animal protection and achieve a sustainable ecosystem with tracable leather footwear.
Summer Pick: Botanical Evergreens
We got the botanical inspiration straight off Emma’s Instagram, and here’s how to get the look.