The stylist has a habit of customizing vintage finds – and always finish off her looks with good hats and socks.
We first came across Donya-Patrice Campbell when we stumbled upon her Instagram account, @donyapatrice. Ever since we have been taken by her impeccable, androgynous style and charisma. We are for sure not the only ones – her distinctive style is frequently spotted in famous street style blogs and in magazines such as GQ, Elle and Vogue. Born and raised in London, Donya-Patrice is at present a part-time blogger and freelance stylist with clients such as GAP, Levi’s and Elle Style Awards. This week we were lucky enough to have a word with Donya-Patrice to talk about her views on fashion, style – and how she makes it last.
Name an element that’s typical for your style?
– I love socks, I love quirky styles with colour and patterns, and I also love hats. My outfits have to be finished off with these two elements.
Have you somehow customized garments you already own?
– I’m always customizing garments I wear, I love to make the things I wear different. Whenever I buy something vintage, the clothes in these stores are normally too oversized and never fit, so I usually make the items I buy into something totally different– such as chopping and adding extra pieces. Also, I have an accessories brand which I’m working on at the moment and I’ve designed some hats.
How would your mom describe your style?
– My mum says my style is elegant, classy and stylish, haha.
Who would you like to spend one minute in an elevator with if you could choose anyone?
– It would have to be Oprah Winfrey, she is a great role model and a true inspiration.
In what way is fashion present in your life?
– I work in fashion, I’m a designer, stylist and blogger. In every way its in my life, its a part of my lifestyle – from morning to night.
FACTS ABOUT DONYA-PATRICE
Name: Donya-Patrice Campbell
Occupation: Designer, stylist, blogger
Current projects in life: www.donya-patrice.com and an accessories collection ”Dlyle Treasure” coming soon.
Motto in life: Live and have fun, life is to short.
Brand to Watch: PHI
PHI is a newly launched womenswear label based in Stockholm committed to social and environmental sustainability.
New Investors to Take the Bite Studios Brand Next-Level
Nudie Jeans is becoming a minority investor in Bite Studios, making the future of sustainable fashion even brighter.
Wedding Special: Conscious Brides, Look Here!
Getting married? We've selected 20 wedding-perfect pieces with multi-use potential for the conscious and contemporary bride.
Fashion News: Weekday Launches 100% Recycled Denim Collection
Weekday's low-impact denim collection is made from 100% recycled cotton and polyester. We've got the details.