The stylist has a habit of customizing vintage finds – and always finish off her looks with good hats and socks.
We first came across Donya-Patrice Campbell when we stumbled upon her Instagram account, @donyapatrice. Ever since we have been taken by her impeccable, androgynous style and charisma. We are for sure not the only ones – her distinctive style is frequently spotted in famous street style blogs and in magazines such as GQ, Elle and Vogue. Born and raised in London, Donya-Patrice is at present a part-time blogger and freelance stylist with clients such as GAP, Levi’s and Elle Style Awards. This week we were lucky enough to have a word with Donya-Patrice to talk about her views on fashion, style – and how she makes it last.
Name an element that’s typical for your style?
– I love socks, I love quirky styles with colour and patterns, and I also love hats. My outfits have to be finished off with these two elements.
Have you somehow customized garments you already own?
– I’m always customizing garments I wear, I love to make the things I wear different. Whenever I buy something vintage, the clothes in these stores are normally too oversized and never fit, so I usually make the items I buy into something totally different– such as chopping and adding extra pieces. Also, I have an accessories brand which I’m working on at the moment and I’ve designed some hats.
How would your mom describe your style?
– My mum says my style is elegant, classy and stylish, haha.
Who would you like to spend one minute in an elevator with if you could choose anyone?
– It would have to be Oprah Winfrey, she is a great role model and a true inspiration.
In what way is fashion present in your life?
– I work in fashion, I’m a designer, stylist and blogger. In every way its in my life, its a part of my lifestyle – from morning to night.
FACTS ABOUT DONYA-PATRICE
Name: Donya-Patrice Campbell
Occupation: Designer, stylist, blogger
Current projects in life: www.donya-patrice.com and an accessories collection ”Dlyle Treasure” coming soon.
Motto in life: Live and have fun, life is to short.
Introducing Envelope1976, the Label that Is Taking Sustainable Style to the Next Level
Envelope1976’s responsibly made collection is finally in stores. We talk to brand founders Celine Aagaard and Pia Nordskaug.
Brand to Watch: Edas
It’s time for a virtual meet and greet with Sade Mims, the brilliant brains behind New York-based jewelry and accessories brand Edas.
Ecoalf Boycotts Black Friday to Promote Recycling and Repairs
Ecoalf takes a stand against Black Friday by launching a campaign that promotes circular economy.
The Edit: Statement-Making Jewelry for the Conscious Wearer
Stylist Meja Taserud teamed up with photographer Kira Blaker to artfully capture our favorite bling du jour.