Do something nice for your body every day, says Ballet Beautiful founder Mary Helen Bowers.
You may have heard of Mary Helen Bowers, the professional ballet dancer who’s ended up being one of the most sought after names in fitness. Among the list of celebrities she has personally trained are Sofia Coppola, Kirsten Dunst and of course Natalie Portman, preparing for her Academy Award winning role in Black Swan. Today, Mary Helen’s work out concept, Ballet Beautiful, has gained worldwide fame, making ballet-inspired exercise cool and accessible for everyone. Here are Mary Helen’s ways of making it last.
How would you define your lifestyle?
– I try to live a lifestyle that is balanced and healthy. Eating natural, organic foods, daily exercise and as much sleep and laughter as I can fit into the day!
How do you reason when you shop for clothes or beauty products?
– I’m looking for classic items that I can use and wear again and again. Living in a city like NYC you want to look put together and elegant at a minute’s notice. Having a few beautiful pieces in classic styles and colors makes it easy to work with less.
In these winter times, what is your best vitamin boost advice?
– Don’t forget your fruits and veggies! Citrus and veggie based soups are two wonderful ways to nourish the body during cold winter months.
Jennifer Aniston never showers for more than three minutes. What small things do you do in everyday life to care for the environment?
– Public transportation. And walking more! It’s so tempting to hop in a car or cab but if you can walk or take the train instead you are moving your body with a lot less waste. It’s healthier for you and the environment.
If one wants to start caring for their body, what tips can you give?
– Do something nice for your body every day! Exercise is such a great way to give back to yourself. It’s strengthening and empowers you to live a truly happy, healthy life!
FACTS ABOUT MARY HELEN BOWERS
Name: Mary Helen Bowers
Occupation: Ballerina, Founder of Ballet Beautiful Fitness
Instagram account: @balletbeautiful
Current projects in life: Bringing Ballet Beautiful workouts, lifestyle and activewear to women around the globe.
Motto in life: I CAN do this!
At Coucoo Grands Cépages, Time Loses Its Meaning
Coucoo Grands Cépages’ wooden cabins are designed to immerse guests in nature.
Make it last Co-Founder Lisa Corneliusson Sends Love from Ibiza
We just got a postcard from Lisa, living calm island life on beautiful Ibiza.
My Summer: Stylist Mikaela Hållén Shares Her Agenda for the Weeks to Come
We've asked stylist Mikaela Hållén to share her upcoming plans, favorite spots, best reads and soundtrack for this summer.
Nordic Happiness at Institut Finlandais in Paris
Studio Joanna Laajisto and Made by Choice help create a fresh look for the Finnish platform.