Do something nice for your body every day, says Ballet Beautiful founder Mary Helen Bowers.
You may have heard of Mary Helen Bowers, the professional ballet dancer who’s ended up being one of the most sought after names in fitness. Among the list of celebrities she has personally trained are Sofia Coppola, Kirsten Dunst and of course Natalie Portman, preparing for her Academy Award winning role in Black Swan. Today, Mary Helen’s work out concept, Ballet Beautiful, has gained worldwide fame, making ballet-inspired exercise cool and accessible for everyone. Here are Mary Helen’s ways of making it last.
How would you define your lifestyle?
– I try to live a lifestyle that is balanced and healthy. Eating natural, organic foods, daily exercise and as much sleep and laughter as I can fit into the day!
How do you reason when you shop for clothes or beauty products?
– I’m looking for classic items that I can use and wear again and again. Living in a city like NYC you want to look put together and elegant at a minute’s notice. Having a few beautiful pieces in classic styles and colors makes it easy to work with less.
In these winter times, what is your best vitamin boost advice?
– Don’t forget your fruits and veggies! Citrus and veggie based soups are two wonderful ways to nourish the body during cold winter months.
Jennifer Aniston never showers for more than three minutes. What small things do you do in everyday life to care for the environment?
– Public transportation. And walking more! It’s so tempting to hop in a car or cab but if you can walk or take the train instead you are moving your body with a lot less waste. It’s healthier for you and the environment.
If one wants to start caring for their body, what tips can you give?
– Do something nice for your body every day! Exercise is such a great way to give back to yourself. It’s strengthening and empowers you to live a truly happy, healthy life!
FACTS ABOUT MARY HELEN BOWERS
Name: Mary Helen Bowers
Occupation: Ballerina, Founder of Ballet Beautiful Fitness
Instagram account: @balletbeautiful
Current projects in life: Bringing Ballet Beautiful workouts, lifestyle and activewear to women around the globe.
Motto in life: I CAN do this!
A Vegetarian’s Guide to Paris' Hot and Healthy Cafés and Restaurants
Maintaining a healthy, plant-based lifestyle in Paris is a definite possibility. These are our top 10 spots in the city.
Art-o-Rama By the Sea – the International Art Fair in the South of France Settles Into a New Home
Sans titre (2016) are awarded the Roger Pailhas Prize for best booth at international art fair ART-O-RAMA By the Sea.
Make it last Playlist: Still Learning
Autumn's "fresh start" also means a reset in soundtrack. Sian Rowe shares a September playlist of songs released in the last couple of weeks.
Going Off the Grid to Experience Food and Nature at Stedsans in the Woods
When going to Stedsans in the Woods, you leave fancy clothes and harmful toxins at home to fully experience the sustainable lifestyle of the future.