She always called me 'the elegant one' and that she must have taken the wrong kid, says Rose Marie Swift about her mom.
Rose-Marie Swift has been a make-up artist for over 20 years and her work has been featured in the most prominent magazines. She has worked with the famous faces of Gisele Bündchen, Tilda Swinton, Sophia Coppola and many more. Well, let’s say she is influential. Several years ago, Rose-Marie began to experience some health issues that was caused by the daily exposure to chemicals in beauty products. After years of rebuilding her own health, Rose-Marie decided to help other women claim the right to healthier beauty by creating the organic cosmetic line, RMS Beauty. Make it last asks her a few questions on how she makes it last.
How would your mom describe your style?
– She always called me “the elegant one” and that she must have taken the wrong kid.
Most revolutionary beauty memory?
– A book I found in a garage sale as a little girl called “Love Goddesses of the Movies”. I was immediately obsessed with light and makeup.
How do you promote more sustainable beauty and skin care?
– I am an influential messenger on delivering information that can change peoples minds very easily. It is all in the careful and caring wording…doesn’t take long to influence people in a healthier direction.
Jennifer Aniston never showers for more than three minutes. What small things do you do in everyday life to care for the environment?
– I recycle everything right down to every piece of paper I use.
What do you wish became easier when it comes to beauty and sustainability?
– I wish people opened their minds and hearts more when it comes to using healthier beauty products and caring more about sustainability of our earth.
FACTS ABOUT ROSE-MARIE:
Name: Rose-Marie Swift
Occupation: Professional Makeup Artist and Founder of RMS Beauty
Current projects in life: Working to change the face of the beauty industry through removal of harmful chemicals and toxins.
Motto in life: ”Less is more”
Editor’s Pick: Voluminous Sleeves
It’s been going on for so long, we no longer consider it a trend. Enjoy this timeless selection voluminous sleeve styles.
Brand to Watch: VENCZEL
VENCZEL offers luxury bags and accessories in distinct, angular shapes made from the finest vegetable tanned bovine leather.
Josefin Liljeqvist Improves Global Animal Protection With Luxury Footwear
Luxury fashion tech brand Josefin Liljeqvist aims to improve animal protection and achieve a sustainable ecosystem with tracable leather footwear.
Summer Pick: Botanical Evergreens
We got the botanical inspiration straight off Emma’s Instagram, and here’s how to get the look.