Nina Bogstedt, Filippa K: “It’s been a bestseller for a long time”
There is a focus on knitwear and a handcrafted, luxurious feel to it
Filippa K, known for its timeless and wearable design, values putting focus on sustainability. Make it last asks Nina Bogstedt, head of design, a few questions about the AW15 collection – showcased for press at the fashion week in Stockholm starting on Monday. She says it’s a collection with a lot of sustainable materials.
Describe what we will get to see during the show!
– Our direction this season is a combination of updating our classic Filippa K style with a cool 1970s vibe and an accent of an artisanal mood. The collection has a focus on knitwear and there is a handcrafted, luxurious feel to it. Jackets, skirts and dresses are added to the range of knitted sweaters and cardigans. There is a new feminine look in this collection that breathes a strong woman with a lot of personality. Focusing more on new shapes that dares to show of shoulders and waist in a more fitted silhouette without loosing the masculine references in the total look that we like.
Where have you found inspiration for the collection?
– We’ve looked at the art of Henri Rousseau and found a lot of inspiration from his paintings for our choices of colors and for setting the atmosphere of the whole collection.
If I say sustainable fashion, what do you say?
– The style of Filippa K is in itself a part of our sustainability efforts. Timeless design combined with high quality makes it possible for the customers to use our products for a long time.
– We think it’s important to focus on sustainability in all parts and processes and the ambition is to have sustainable materials in the whole collection. Organic cotton, tencel, recycled polyester, wool and Japanese tri-acetate are all fibers we use for the AW15 collection that are sustainable.
Is there any garment in particular among your collections that you are particularly proud of, that has a sustainable approach?
– I am very proud of our basic styles in 100% Tencel Jersey. We’ve made them for a very long time and they have been some of our best sellers since. It’s of course great to see when sustainable materials are appreciated by our customer, which is key for the sustainable work we do to actually be long lasting.
The Filippa K collection will be shown on January 26 at Stockholm Fashion Week.
Spin The Afound Deal Wheel to Win Exclusive Designer Gems at the Fashion Flea on Saturday!
Don't miss the chance to win designer gems from Alaïa, Diptyque, Byredo, Jimmy Choo, APC and Stella McCartney.
Welcome to Make it last Fashion Flea
Once again we've gathered our favorite people and brands to cook up an amazing fashion flea!
Three Bags That Are Everything But Leather
As you probably know by now, we love bags in natural materials and beige hues. Here are our favorites right now.
Brand to Watch: Bethany Williams
Looking for a brand choosing people over product? Here it is.