I’m like Pippi Longstocking going for a treasure hunt!
One of Sweden’s most coveted jewelry designers, Efva Attling, creates her pieces with the ambition that they will last throughout a lifetime. She was born in Stockholm and she made her first piece of jewelry when she was eleven. A few years later she became a pupil of one of Sweden’s best silversmiths. Before she affirmed her skills in jewelry design she had a long modeling career in Milan, Paris, London and New York. Today, Efva splits her time between Stockholm and New York.
How would your mom describe your style?
– Chic and fun!
What part would she be missing?
– The flirty bit in dressing.
How do you promote more sustainable fashion for someone who says she’s not into it?
– Vintage is recycling.
When creating your jewelry, is sustainability something you have in mind? If so, in what way?
– Jewelry is different from fashion, it’s not so fast. A lot of my pieces becomes classics and that’s sustainability to me.
How do you reason when you shop for clothes, jewelry or beauty products?
– I have an open mind and I’m like Pippi Longstocking going for a treasure hunt! If it’s eco and good looking, it’s a win win!
Would you like for your consumption patterns to be different?
– No, I shop high and low. H&M, Dior and vintage, the mix is my way to dress.
Have you somehow customized garment you already own?
– Oh yeah, at the moment I’m stitching on pockets in all of my dresses.
What’s the best advice about how to live life in better balance with nature that you’ve ever been given?
– Think twice…
What is your best sustainable product?
– I would say all my H&M Conscious clothes and shoes.
Where do you find inspiration?
– Traveling, meeting new people and a lot of magazine browsing.
One minute in the elevator with Stella McCartney, what would you say?
– I just met her at her Green carpet event in London where she showed her eco friendly collection. I asked if the top she was wearing was available in the stores now.
Who would you like to spend one minute in an elevator with if you could choose anyone?
– Tom Ford.
FACTS ABOUT EFVA ATTLING
Name: Efva Attling
Motto in life: ”The love for our destiny- you’ve been given this life, it’s up to you to make the best out of it.” /Amor Fati
Paid Collaboration: Transform Your Wardrobe Without Buying Anything New
One of the seven focus areas of GANT’s initiative ’The 7 Rules’ is Remake and the perks of giving old garments a second chance. Click to see how you can turn an unused sweater and a simple shirt into the most treasured garments in your wardrobe!
Brand to Watch: Tach Clothing
Hand-made in Uruguay with a vintage gone supermodern sensibility, this is Tach Clothing.
Paid Collaboration: How To Refresh and Repair Your Clothes in 10 Minutes Without Washing – with The 7 Rules by GANT
As the latest phase of The 7 Rules by GANT, we shed light on the simple yet efficient practices of Refreshing and Repairing your clothes without even having to washing them. You’ll be surprised of what difference it makes.
Paid Collaboration: My Go-To Uniqlo AIRism Pieces (And Why I Love Them So Much)
Emma Elwin wears Uniqlo AIRism for most of her everyday occasions, as they are soft on the body and keeps her cool and comfortable at the same time. Here is how she wears them.