It's less stressful to buy nicer and fewer things of higher quality
Before entering the world of skin care, Ebba Lugani, CEO of the eco friendly skin care brand Björk and Berries, worked as model, top tennis player, investment banker and head of House of Dagmar. Make it last asked her a couple of questions on personal experiences within the fashion industry and what she consider everyone can do for the environment.
Most revolutionary fashion memory?
– A Vogue Paris cover this year with model and activist Cameron Russell, shot by Mario Testino, was just so amazing that I could not stop looking. It provoked such a strong nostalgic feeling in me, reminding me of my modeling days in Paris in the 90’s and going to Les bains douches in leather hot pants! I miss that young and carefree feeling sometimes.
How do you promote more sustainable fashion for someone who says she’s not into it?
– It is actually more practical and less stressful to buy nicer and fewer stuff of higher quality, and use it a lot. Also, the most exclusive and finer clothes and beauty products are most often made of the most natural and recyclable ingredients and materials.
How do you reason when you shop for clothes or beauty products?
– I always try to look for conscious products because they are often more thought through in all aspects, both when it comes to design, quality, functionality but also how friendly they are to the environment.
Would you like for your consumption patterns to be different?
– Yes, sometimes I dream of living in the countryside and just do yoga while overlooking the ocean – far away from shops and commercial distractions and more in balance with nature. I am always the most happy in the countryside.
Who is your style icon?
– Veruschka. The coolest and most beautiful person ever and I also love the era when she was active.
Favorite fashion-person on Instagram?
– Stella McCartney, for her style, design and conscious mind regarding all areas in life.
FACTS ABOUT EBBA LUGANI
Occupation: Creative Director & CEO of Björk & Berries.
Current projects: Two little trolls, 1 and 3 years old. I am on the Board of Tärnsjö Garveri that produces organic and vegetable processed leather – now also an iconic leather collection in their own brand. I am a mentor to Marlene Abraham, the designer of the fashion brand Mayla.
Motto in life: I try to live after my husband’s motto: ”Do what you want and you will be happy.”
Are You Ready to Take the Plastic Detox to the Next Level?
Storing food with ZERO plastic is not only possible, but easy. Here’s how.
Editor’s Pick: Sustainable Baby Inspiration
Hey mama! We've picked out 18 natural, toxic-free and organic essentials for you and your little one.
Private Wegner Collection Soon Up For Grabs
Robbing a bank for this one - check out this upcoming Wegner auction!