It's less stressful to buy nicer and fewer things of higher quality
Before entering the world of skin care, Ebba Lugani, CEO of the eco friendly skin care brand Björk and Berries, worked as model, top tennis player, investment banker and head of House of Dagmar. Make it last asked her a couple of questions on personal experiences within the fashion industry and what she consider everyone can do for the environment.
Most revolutionary fashion memory?
– A Vogue Paris cover this year with model and activist Cameron Russell, shot by Mario Testino, was just so amazing that I could not stop looking. It provoked such a strong nostalgic feeling in me, reminding me of my modeling days in Paris in the 90’s and going to Les bains douches in leather hot pants! I miss that young and carefree feeling sometimes.
How do you promote more sustainable fashion for someone who says she’s not into it?
– It is actually more practical and less stressful to buy nicer and fewer stuff of higher quality, and use it a lot. Also, the most exclusive and finer clothes and beauty products are most often made of the most natural and recyclable ingredients and materials.
How do you reason when you shop for clothes or beauty products?
– I always try to look for conscious products because they are often more thought through in all aspects, both when it comes to design, quality, functionality but also how friendly they are to the environment.
Would you like for your consumption patterns to be different?
– Yes, sometimes I dream of living in the countryside and just do yoga while overlooking the ocean – far away from shops and commercial distractions and more in balance with nature. I am always the most happy in the countryside.
Who is your style icon?
– Veruschka. The coolest and most beautiful person ever and I also love the era when she was active.
Favorite fashion-person on Instagram?
– Stella McCartney, for her style, design and conscious mind regarding all areas in life.
FACTS ABOUT EBBA LUGANI
Occupation: Creative Director & CEO of Björk & Berries.
Current projects: Two little trolls, 1 and 3 years old. I am on the Board of Tärnsjö Garveri that produces organic and vegetable processed leather – now also an iconic leather collection in their own brand. I am a mentor to Marlene Abraham, the designer of the fashion brand Mayla.
Motto in life: I try to live after my husband’s motto: ”Do what you want and you will be happy.”
Letar du efter färg med ambitiöst miljötänk att måla om ditt hem med?
Vi har förälskat oss i svenska Färgbygge.
Emma Olbers on Sustainability In the Furniture Design Industry — Is There Any?
Giving fashion a break to investigate sustainability in the booming business of furniture design. Expert help needed.
When All You Want to Do Is Hide Under a Pihl Strehl Throw
Winter is dragging on, and all we can think of is cuddling up inside under a cozy (and mindfully made) blanket. Enter interior design brand Pihl Strehl.
A Rookie’s Guide to Plant Incenses
What are the all-natural herb and wood incenses all about? We're finding out!