These days I see fashion more as a smaller part of bigger things in life
With Los Angeles as her new base, Eddie Pettersson is in the right place for her passion for vegan and organic food. Except exploring and enjoying green and locally produced food, she fills her days with modeling and blogging. Top that with a weakness for tiaras and there you have Eddie!
How would you describe your style?
– Comfortable casual with a touch of 60s girly!
Name an element that’s typical for your style?
– I love tiaras! I always tend to top my look with a tiara. I also like to wear sneakers cause I feel it makes the look more relaxed and not so uptight. I often wear a chic 70s dress with a pair of classic Nike Air Max.
What role would you say fashion plays in your life?
– When I was younger I almost lived for only fashion! I was obsessed with old Ann Demeulemeester and Margiela collections and as a 16 year old girl that was all I spend my money on. Cruisin’ on Ebay and catching the finest pieces. So I would say that fashion imprinted my youth a lot. These days I see fashion more as a smaller part of bigger things in my life – but it’s still one of the most important elements for me to express myself!
How do you reason when you shop for clothes, accessories or beauty products?
– I almost only buy vintage clothes nowadays. I already have so many great pieces in my wardrobe so the only things I really think is fun to buy is real good old catches. It’s so much better for the environment to buy second hand – and it also make your style unique! When it comes to beauty products I only buy organic and super natural ones when it’s going to be applied on my skin. It’s also important that it hasn’t been tested on animals. I use very little products though – mostly just almond oil and rose water. When it comes to mascara – I use a good old favorite from YSL though!
How would you like to see people think about fashion and shopping?
– In my perfect life scenario most people would think twice before they bought their cheap bargains. There’s probably some reason why it’s that cheap, right? Of course I also do those scary cheap catches every now and then – but I think everyone should think a little more ethical when it comes to clothing consumption.
Give us a one or two practical suggestions on how to make our lifestyles more sustainable?
– Eat green, clean and local! Walk instead of taking public transportation if you have the possibility to do it. Simplify your life in general – try to live as your grandparents did when they grew up in so many ways that you can without going to an extreme.
Do you have a style icon?
– I get inspired by moments more then people I would say. Or the feelings of things. If I see a movie that influences my style – it’s not the characters I dress like, I inspires by the mood of the film. The atmosphere is what’s create my look. The music is in my hair, the colors applies on my dress and the shape of my shoes depends of the tempo of the film.
Favorite fashion profile on Instagram?
– My stepdad Fredrik Marcus. He’s makes fun of all the seriousness in the fashion and has been posting Today’s Outfit every day for about three years. Find him under @fm at Instagram. You’ll have a good laugh!
Do you have a favorite website that you would recommend?
Google Maps – travel around the world and discover our beautiful planet earth!
THIS IS EDDIE PETTERSSON
Occupation: Model and vegan health entrepreneur
Current projects: Just launched health website eddiemitsou.com.
Motto in life: Believe in yourself and you will obtain the goals and dreams you’re meant to reach.
Editor’s Pick: Denim for Days
We're always opting for denim that's responsibly made from organic or deadstock fabrics. Here are some such pieces we hope you will like.
Remake’s Atelier Made Pieces Enable a Better Future for All
We talk to Remake – a redesign brand by Stockholms Stadsmission working for social and environmental change.
Garnet in Residence at Gentlewench
Garnet, a new platform for makers transforming the traditional, collaborates with Gentlewench in East London.
Everything You Need to Know About Silk Told By Natalija Bouropoulos
We've asked the founding designer of silk wear brand Natalija all our questions about the luxury fiber and how to make it last.